Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cooked vs dry measurments page 4

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MJT515 View Post
    yes your right as well, it is a law for both the spiritual self and physical self. but i want to be clear, that i am not here to talk about religous things, i just want to succeed at being healthy.
    Then you should eat the fat
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    No worries
    good luck with it all.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    ok, i didn't really want to get in to this conversation again, but i will explain. the Bible says to not eat the fat of animals. when i eat for example ground chuck, i can't really do anything about the fat in it. but if i eat a piece of steak and it has some extra bits of fat hanging off of it, i will cut it off and give it to my dogs. i am trying to be as realistically obiedient as i can without being legalistic. i hope that solves any confusion.
    I haven't read thread and I'm not trying to get into a theological debate but that is legalism... be free Now if it goes againist your conscience then don't eat the fat. But if you aren't eating fat because you think you are obeying the law and in doing so it makes you right with God then what do you need Jesus for? If you believe in Jesus then God sees you through Jesus and nothing you could do could make you any more righteous in His eyes.
    I am Christian and I eat animal fat all the time but it doesn't go againist my conscience... God sees me through the blood of Jesus now and there's nothing I can do to make Him love me anymore than he already does.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I don't think he's a christian. Perhaps he's a Messianic Jew?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    when i eat for example ground chuck, i can't really do anything about the fat in it. but if i eat a piece of steak and it has some extra bits of fat hanging off of it, i will cut it off and give it to my dogs.
    I do this too, except I throw it away because I don't have a dog. It's not for religious reasons. I just don't like a mouthful of animal fat. I still manage to get about 40% of my calories from fat most days without making a mental effort to make up for my meat fat issues. I eat a couple of avocados a month, cook with butter (can you use that), olive oil and coconut oil and eat salmon once a week or so. My carbs have been all over the place during my weightloss, from 75-200g/day, and that hasn't seemed to have any impact on how fast the weight comes off. I am a dedicated calorie counter though.

Just thought of something - could you eat chicken or duck skin? I never used to because I always thought of it as "bad" for you, but I discovered I like it crispy, so that's another source of fat.

Personally, I don't see anything about your eating preferences that should keep you from enjoying 99% of the benefits of a primal diet. Enjoy!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

MJT515 is offline Junior Member
    to brookesam

thank you.

MJT515 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I do this too, except I throw it away because I don't have a dog. It's not for religious reasons. I just don't like a mouthful of animal fat. I still manage to get about 40% of my calories from fat most days without making a mental effort to make up for my meat fat issues. I eat a couple of avocados a month, cook with butter (can you use that), olive oil and coconut oil and eat salmon once a week or so. My carbs have been all over the place during my weightloss, from 75-200g/day, and that hasn't seemed to have any impact on how fast the weight comes off. I am a dedicated calorie counter though.

Just thought of something - could you eat chicken or duck skin? I never used to because I always thought of it as "bad" for you, but I discovered I like it crispy, so that's another source of fat.

Personally, I don't see anything about your eating preferences that should keep you from enjoying 99% of the benefits of a primal diet. Enjoy!
    thank you for your reply, yes i can try to eat chicken skin. since being a former vegan and just started eating meat on Dec. 3, 2012 i still have an aversion to chicken. i don't know why. but so far i have enjoyed everything that i have eaten since i started a modified primal. i am currently reading the 21 day total transformation by mark sisson and will soon be starting the acutal plan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234