Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cooked vs dry measurments page 3

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MJT515 View Post
    i belive in trying to be obiedient to the Torah and also believe that Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is my Lord and Savior. and maybe your right, maybe i shouldn't eat meat at all. i was a vegan for a while, but i wasn't healthy. maybe i just shouldn't do this.
    This is telling you something isn't it.
    Surely you can be faithful to your religion, while still eating meat. I would think health is more important.

MJT515 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I can't say I understand the religious aspect of it. But I do believe we need animals to be healthy, its what they are there for after all
    I do care about the care of animals though, so I do go out of my way to get "happy" animals, that are killed gently and by hand etc.
    Is it the care of the animals that stop you from eating them? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand and maybe help you find your way around not eating it.
    How do you feel when you are eating meat? Physically I mean.
    When i was a vegan, i went vegan because of prions. but i too care about animals and will try to eat only happy animals too. i try to find meat that has been killed in a biblically kosher way, not rabbinically.

i feel fine when i eat meat. i don't feel guilty. physically all i get is some phelgm in the back of my throat that i can't clear. and the Bible does allow us to eat meat. look the whole point for my original post was to see if i could eat about 2 avacados a day in lieu of animal fat or pork fat or anykind of fat without it derailing my efforts. i am fine with how i prepare and eat the meat that i do eat. i have no questions on that.

This is telling you something isn't it.
    Surely you can be faithful to your religion, while still eating meat. I would think health is more important.
    i wasn't vegan for my religion. i just happend to believe the way i did and happend to be a vegan. and yes my health is important to me, that is why i am on here.

Primal will get you there
    Def can do it, while eating more carbs if really low carb doesn't work for you. It does for some, but I know we are all different. You don't have to eat tons of meat. The macros I am following suggests your goal weight in kg (say 60 kg for me) and aim for that amount of protein per day. Which really is not huge.
    thanks, and i am okay with slow weight loss, because of loose skin issues. and i will give me time to fill my body up with muscle

Sorry yes, the avocados, it really depends on what macros you are aiming for.
    I would say that 2 avocados would be OK. 250 calories each and around 25 g of fat. So 2 is still only 50 g. (I am going for 100g a day, but that is 70% fat, some around here are not that high).
    Coconut oil is good for cooking in, or putting in coffee or tea, or just having a spoon full. What about things like cashew butter or almond butter for more fat?

Prions?

Quote Originally Posted by MJT515 View Post
    i wasn't vegan for my religion. i just happend to believe the way i did and happend to be a vegan. and yes my health is important to me, that is why i am on here.
    I see, and that is great you have taken the step to look into better ways

Slow weight loss is def good
    Have you seen Marks primal blueprint fitness guide? Lifting heavy things, and doing stuff like squats etc.

prions are the protiens found in spogiobovine encephelatis (sp?), all the good stuff that causes mad cow disease in people and animals. they don't know where it comes from but many do believe that it is caused when animals that are supposed to be herbivores are made to eat feed that has other animals ground into it. it really is disgusting.

Have you seen Marks primal blueprint fitness guide? Lifting heavy things, and doing stuff like squats etc.
    yes, from what i seen on web and library. i can't afford the books right now.

I think the fitness guide is free on here.

I guess that is another reason I get animals that are only grass fed, and not supplemented or given any hormones. But I do understand its not as easy to find this type of meat for some.
    I do wish you all the luck with this, and hope you can come to a happy place with eating meat, and I am certain your health will improve, along with weight loss
    There is tons of great info and lots of helpful people on here.

PrimalCon New York
    thank you Ayla2010. i agree!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast