Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cooked vs dry measurments page 2

MJT515 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Then you are eating animal fat.
    I too am confused.
    ok, i didn't really want to get in to this conversation again, but i will explain. the Bible says to not eat the fat of animals. when i eat for example ground chuck, i can't really do anything about the fat in it. but if i eat a piece of steak and it has some extra bits of fat hanging off of it, i will cut it off and give it to my dogs. i am trying to be as realistically obiedient as i can without being legalistic. i hope that solves any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    An interpretation I read a while back, was that the section in Leviticus is an exhortation for the people to offer the best to God in their sacrifice. Apparently the israelites were killing the animal and only offering the lean muscle meat as a sacrifice, keeping the choicest bits (the fat) for themselves and eating it.
    yes your right as well, it is a law for both the spiritual self and physical self. but i want to be clear, that i am not here to talk about religous things, i just want to succeed at being healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What's being said is that virtually all animal products, even the leanest cut of meats and birds have some fat. There are some shellfish that are close to having no fat, but not sure as to whether you eat those. I know that bottom feeders have a negative connotation for some people.

I'm wondering if in the bible, they were referring to visible fat. I'm so clueless as to bible stuff because I withdrew at an early age.
    hi, yes visible fat is what it is. i won't go and tediously take out the fat in hamburger meat, but will cut it off if i see it on a piece of steak or chicken.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJT515 View Post
    ok, i didn't really want to get in to this conversation again, but i will explain. the Bible says to not eat the fat of animals. when i eat for example ground chuck, i can't really do anything about the fat in it. but if i eat a piece of steak and it has some extra bits of fat hanging off of it, i will cut it off and give it to my dogs. i am trying to be as realistically obiedient as i can without being legalistic. i hope that solves any confusion.
    No not really, it seems to me that if you are avoiding animal fat due to religious reasons, you wouldn't eat meat at all.
    Is this Christianity? Or another religion? Not having a go, just curious. I would have thought it would need to be all or nothing thats all.

yes your right as well, it is a law for both the spiritual self and physical self. but i want to be clear, that i am not here to talk about religous things, i just want to succeed at being healthy.
    I understand that. You do know you need animal fat to be healthy though right?
    That is kinda most of the point of primal. I know it is possible without, but I don't think you can be truly healthy without animal fat. What drew you to primal in the first place?

No not really, it seems to me that if you are avoiding animal fat due to religious reasons, you wouldn't eat meat at all.
    Is this Christianity? Or another religion? Not having a go, just curious. I would have thought it would need to be all or nothing thats all.
    i belive in trying to be obiedient to the Torah and also believe that Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is my Lord and Savior. and maybe your right, maybe i shouldn't eat meat at all. i was a vegan for a while, but i wasn't healthy. maybe i just shouldn't do this.

That is kinda most of the point of primal. I know it is possible without, but I don't think you can be truly healthy without animal fat. What drew you to primal in the first place?
    i understand what your saying, that is why i am saying that I eat what i don't see because i can't see it or it would be to hard to take it out, but if the fat is hanging out there and i can see it i won't eat it.

what drew me was Gary Taubes book and crossfit. i like how people look and are so strong and capable. capable to defend themselves and just function with a lesser chance of getting hurt. When i did atkins, it worked but i never worked out, i was skinny fat. i don't want to do that again. i want to be lean and strong and functional.

i belive in trying to be obiedient to the Torah and also believe that Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is my Lord and Savior. and maybe your right, maybe i shouldn't eat meat at all. i was a vegan for a while, but i wasn't healthy. maybe i just shouldn't do this.
    I can't say I understand the religious aspect of it. But I do believe we need animals to be healthy, its what they are there for after all
    I do care about the care of animals though, so I do go out of my way to get "happy" animals, that are killed gently and by hand etc.
    Is it the care of the animals that stop you from eating them? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand and maybe help you find your way around not eating it.
    How do you feel when you are eating meat? Physically I mean.

what drew me was Gary Taubes book and crossfit. i like how people look and are so strong and capable. capable to defend themselves and just function with a lesser chance of getting hurt. When i did atkins, it worked but i never worked out, i was skinny fat. i don't want to do that again. i want to be lean and strong and functional.
    Primal will get you there
    Def can do it, while eating more carbs if really low carb doesn't work for you. It does for some, but I know we are all different. You don't have to eat tons of meat. The macros I am following suggests your goal weight in kg (say 60 kg for me) and aim for that amount of protein per day. Which really is not huge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast