Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair Color Returning page 2

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Copper restores hair color. Retention of copper is important. Eat lots of chocolate, oysters, and a low iron diet and consider cooking with a copper pan instead of an iron one(iron blocks copper absorption, low copper makes iron easily stored)
    Interesting. I got my first grays in my teens. At 44, I'm officially salt-n-pepper.

My son (22 y.o.), my brother and my dad are all around the same height, 6'-6'2". But I'm 6'4", so a slight outlier. None of them has gone prematurely gray. As I think about it, one possible explanation of both is that I've always drank (drunken, drinked?) a ton of milk --- iron-rich milk. Maybe this iron/copper dyanmic came into play making me a little taller and a lot grayer?

I've cut way back on the milk, even though I still love the stuff. Now I just need to up my oyster, liver and chocolate intake. In no time, I'll be jet black again.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Interesting. I got my first grays in my teens. At 44, I'm officially salt-n-pepper.

My son (22 y.o.), my brother and my dad are all around the same height, 6'-6'2". But I'm 6'4", so a slight outlier. None of them has gone prematurely gray. As I think about it, one possible explanation of both is that I've always drank (drunken, drinked?) a ton of milk --- iron-rich milk. Maybe this iron/copper dyanmic came into play making me a little taller and a lot grayer?

I've cut way back on the milk, even though I still love the stuff. Now I just need to up my oyster, liver and chocolate intake. In no time, I'll be jet black again.
    I don't think so for the milk. It's well documented that calcium inhibits iron absorption.

Inhibitory effects of dietary calcium on the initial uptake and subsequent retention of heme and nonheme iron in humans: comparisons using an intestinal lavage method
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    I don't think so for the milk. It's well documented that calcium inhibits iron absorption.
    Ok, it was a shot in the dark.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Ok, it was a shot in the dark.
    A.C. Grace Company, Unique E, 120 Softgels - iHerb.com

Take vitamin e frequently, eat plenty of copper rich foods, and donate blood. All of these things help reduce oxidation of iron by opposing it directly(same way iron destroys copper, vitamin e, etc)

Copper peptides will restore hair color too(I've done this). When I was supplementing sulfur and vitamin c, I found that my hair started becoming a lot lighter and more discolored due to the fact they interfere with copper storage as well.

Plus I was megadosing zinc and not eating my liver/oysters.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    have drunk
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Thats interesting. I'm 47, have quite many gray hair. Always coloured them, as my natural colour was silvery gray as colour, not as "become gray = loose colour". Had to give up the bright tones that I loved when I was younger, as the roots started to look too contrasting, like I was hiding a zebra under my ginger hair Turned to dark blonde instead. Recently I have noticed that the roots are less contrasting. Thought that its just the perception - the roots might be less visible next to almost the same colour. Will keep observing now.

Primal Pamme is offline Member

Forgot to Mention Being Hypothyroid

"I think the chronic loss of copper accounts for the obvious features of aging, such as the loss of elasticity of the skin, hair, and (in Parkinson's disease) substantia nigra, and for the decrease in respiratory capacity."

Copper is poorly absorbed when there is excessive stress. Stress harms thyroid production, and thyroid hormone is crucial for copper absorption.
    Just after Thanksgiving, it was discovered that I was hypothyroid, however, my hair started turning blond again before i was being treated for my condition. My co-worker noticed it in early October. Last year was incredibly stressful for us with my husband having two cancer surgeries and family and work issues. It was one of the worst years we have had since we were married and I believe being Paleo helped us get through it. Hubby is incredibly healthy despite what he has been through and his Docs were impressed with how an "old timer" came through both ordeals better than men half his age.

Despite these two things, our hair color is returning. I looked closely at my hair again yesterday (I really don't pay that much attention to it) and it is now almost all blond. No dark hair anymore at all where before it was sprinkled with black hair amongst the grey.

alexpanait is offline Member
    Cool topic - but what about hair growth restoration? Any hints on a specific ointment or nutrition-fact about that?
    It's a major concern, worldwide for many men / women, sadly
    "...Primal or not primal - that is the question!"

------------------------------------
    Starting weight 85kg, 22% bodyfat (December 2012)
    Current weight 78kg, 15% bodyfat (March 2013)
    Desired weight 83-84kg , 7-8% bodyfat (May 2014 or sooner)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    My hair is so much more brunette now than it was before I went Primal. Even my stylist wanted to know if I had used a rinse on it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpanait View Post
    Cool topic - but what about hair growth restoration? Any hints on a specific ointment or nutrition-fact about that?
    It's a major concern, worldwide for many men / women, sadly
    Iodine for Hair Regrowth

While testing Lugols 5% Iodine mixed with 80% water for hair regrowth, I suddenly discovered quite by accident that my gray hair miraculously changed back to its original color fairly quickly, within 2 weeks. So now I've started applying the iodine mix to my temples & sideburns to see if that gray goes away, too.

There is some sketchy evidence that Lugols applied to the scalp will regrow thinning hair. See the links I have accumulated at "Hair Loss"
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

While it is too early to make any announcements on hair regrowth, I do notice new hairs growing along my front scalp hair line. My wife is watching the bald spot on top of my head for me, and told me to apply more of the mixture. So now I am applying the mix 2 or 3 times a day. I'll report back here in 6 months. For now, I am just thrilled to get rid of the gray!

Bottom line = Iodine is required by every cell in our body and there is a nationwide iodine deficiency crises. See the book, "Iodine Crises" by author Lynne Farrow.
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

As far as I know, I am the first to be testing Lugols 5% Iodine mixed with 80% water for the hair follicles. If this works, it will be a miracle for men.

I have already proven iodine cures Prostate Problems:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Cures-Prostate

Iodine is a miracle product that cures a Pandoras Box of health problems:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Iodine Books:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-books

Grizz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast