Thread: Cholesterol readings page

Catrin is offline Senior Member

Cholesterol readings

Shop Now
    The following are from my first after moving to this lifestyle in late July. My LAST test showed total levels of 155, but I think my HDL was lower and my Trig. were higher. Of course the overall levels are higher because I consume quite a lot more meat and fat than I once did. I care more about the split and ratio than the overall number.

I think this is a good split, but am I reading this properly? Thanks!

--------------------------------------

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 219

TRIGLYCERIDES 57
    HDL-CHOLESTEROL 59
    LDL-CHOLESTEROL 149
    CHOL/HDLC RATIO 3.71

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yep, the ratios are what matters. And your trigs and HDL are both trending in the right direction.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    The trigs weren't bad before, but they were a bit higher, and the HDL was a bit lower. Not a large change there - the LDL is where the biggest difference is. Last year it was around 115 or so, but then again, I am eating a LOT more meat that isn't skinless boneless chicken breast.... in 2011 my trigs were 76, so they are certainly trending down - this is good!