Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page

bdlee73 is offline Member

"our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from?

Primal Fuel
    I was reading this blog which was attacking the primal and paleo lifestyle: Paleo/Primal Opinion - Boise Fitness Factory and one statement really stood out:

First of all, our bodies attack bacon (i.e. one of the main “animal fats” paleo/primal enthusiasts endorse) as a virus. That’s right…our bodies attack pork as a virus because of how poor of a food source it is (ever seen what pigs eat? ever smell what they live in? they are what they eat…so are we…). How is a natural immune response/immune system attack from our bodies ever validated/justified?

Where does such a thought come from? A quick search didn't bring anything up.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'M the one attacking bacon! Tell those viruses to find their own dinner, the bacon is MINE! *Not fixing it, it's funnier this way.*

I see a ton of google links about pork digestibility, but most are animal studies!

I was under the impression that pork's fats and proteins were among the most similar to ours, and thus one of the best digested and least wasteful/stressful meats to eat. But I learned that idea here in this cave, through deciphered grunts and clacking bones, so don't take it as gospel.

Last edited by Knifegill; 01-16-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'M the one attacking bacon! Tell those viruses to find their own dinner, the bacon is MINE!

^ love that

Yeah, some people just make stuff up and say it with authority to give you the sense that its completely true.

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont know about it being like a virus but pork is without a doubt the most toxic meat product. Just because of how pigs are and how they get treated makes pig meat and fat heavily concentrated with toxins and parasites. Pork is also heavy on omega 6, causing pretty severe inflammation. Lastly pork is usually cured or smoked and that alone makes it more toxic.

There is a reason so many cultures wont eat pigs. Im not saying that all pork is bad but most of the stuff you buy in the grocery store is probably pretty terrible. Try to buy pastured and local pork and uncured meats.

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, I think the person in the OP article was overstating for dramatic effect. Pork is not poisonous. That said, and at the risk of agreeing with Zach, I think pork is probably not the healthiest option in meats. O3/O6 thing plus let's not kid ourselves about bacon as a processed food just because we love our bacon.
    When I can get my hands on wild boar meat (sold at Sprouts now and then) I enjoy it.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, pork is a toxic meat. Not just because of how it's raised, but how they process what they eat, very quickly. I don't eat them and they certainly aren't necessary for primal.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I eats da pork. Quite a bit of it actually, but mine is local and pastured. Porks FA profile can be greatly effected by diet. So yes, in this case in particular quality counts.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Pork makes me feel sick, particularly pork belly, not bacon, unsure why.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    And yes I eat quality, free range, hormone free pork.
    Very odd I know. But until recently eggs made me feel sick but now they don't.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I eats da pork. Quite a bit of it actually, but mine is local and pastured. Porks FA profile can be greatly effected by diet. So yes, in this case in particular quality counts.
    Yep, that's why I stick with the wild boar cuz it's been out rooting around in the forrest instead of chowing down on soy pellets. Hard to find really pasture raised pork w/o feed supplementation like that.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast