Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 9

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    You know what, I'm just going to say it because it's how I feel at the moment...

You...

are an idiot.
    Can I kiss you?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    And if I'm not mistaken, prions infect brain tissue and Kuru can be contracted from eating an infected's brains. So just don't eat the brains.
    "Prions cannot be transmitted through the air or through touching or most other forms of casual contact. However, they may be transmitted through contact with infected tissue, body fluids, or contaminated medical instruments. Normal sterilization procedures such as boiling or irradiating materials fail to render prions non-infective."

Spiroplasma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Amyloid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prion protein and species barriers in th... [Biomed Pharmacother. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Red meat, not more than once a week? WTF? I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
    Why? I usually eat red meat once a week, poultry three times a week, fish or seafood twice a week, and organs once a week. Do you imply that this is not primal enough?

Zach is offline Banned
    Im laughing at all the big bad carnivores here who wouldnt sweat eating a human or ape but immediately crap their pants when there is gluten in their presence.

Also i doubt any of you actually kill and butcher your own animals, im sure you would change your tune when you have to cut a hunk of meat out of a dead body. Give up the meat = tough guy act, its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Why? I usually eat red meat once a week, poultry three times a week, fish or seafood twice a week, and organs once a week. Do you imply that this is not primal enough?
    Not at all, but to say you should limit red meat? That is CW at its finest. Some of us don't have access to decent fish, and are still working up to organs, so we eat more red meat than that. And that is still perfectly healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Im laughing at all the big bad carnivores here who wouldnt sweat eating a human or ape but immediately crap their pants when there is gluten in their presence.

Also i doubt any of you actually kill and butcher your own animals, im sure you would change your tune when you have to cut a hunk of meat out of a dead body. Give up the meat = tough guy act, its ridiculous.
    What is wrong with that? Gluten is extremely nasty for most of us.
    And damn straight id cut up my own animal and eat it. We do plan on becoming as self sustainable as possible some day, so piss off!

and ya know some of us eat real protein for more than 1 meal a day.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Also bacon really isnt that great. There is said it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    "Prions cannot be transmitted through the air or through touching or most other forms of casual contact. However, they may be transmitted through contact with infected tissue, body fluids, or contaminated medical instruments. Normal sterilization procedures such as boiling or irradiating materials fail to render prions non-infective."

Spiroplasma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Amyloid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prion protein and species barriers in th... [Biomed Pharmacother. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI
    The point was, the prion disease in humans was transmitted only to the family members who consumed brain and tissue, not those who ate muscle or internal organs such as heart and liver of the deceased. It became widespread because the immediate family members always shared the brain tissues "to gain the wisdom of the deceased" and the rest of the body was shared with the wider community. Within small intermarried communities once a few individuals were infected this way it was almost guaranteed that everyone would end up infected eventually.

The same as with cows and sheep that get prion disease. It is passed through brain tissues, not muscle tissue.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-17-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast