Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 4

Forgotmylastusername is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Pork makes me feel sick, particularly pork belly, not bacon, unsure why.
    Uncured pork can leave you with coagulated blood. Cured pork is probably the way to go if you eat pork.

I know, I know, a weston price link. But still interesting.
    How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation

I've always considered bacon and pork as a kind of dirty meat for some reason.

Edit. just read the thread and realized it's been posted.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 01-17-2013 at 02:04 AM.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I'm with Cori. Pork knuckle or pork belly are real comfort foods
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Nooooooooooo....

I hate reading stuff like this. Pork meat is by far the cheapest option as a student, particularly free range pork mince (~4/kg vs 10kg for beef mince). The only good thing is that animal welfare standards are significantly higher in the UK, so I may be able to get away with eating it, since most of the studies are looking at generic (badly raised) pork.

bdlee73 is offline Member
    Some good points made here and especially some things to read about after reading this post: The Conscientious Omnivore: Pork | Whole9 | Let us change your life. about the miserable conditions of industrial pork.

Last summer at the farmer's market I talked to some people at Homestead Natural meats and they said they have to supplement their pigs and that "Pasture Raised Pork" is somewhat of a misnomer. The reason being is that the pigs just eat so much.

I love bacon but need to cut back since I've mostly been buying the cheap stuff - uncured high quality stuff is just too expensive. So maybe higher quality but less often will be the way to go. With regular pork, I love it but it definitely gives me a few digestive issues.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm eating pork steak right now

but i'll keep an eye on it, watch for the evils oozing
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    *Sticking fingers in ears*

lalalalalallalalallalalal! I can't hear you! lalaslalalalalalalaalalaalala!

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Joining Neckhammer with fingers in ears, eyes scrunched close and back turned to all of you evil, evil naysayers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

Heh, I remember almost forty years ago when we kids tried to tell two adult smokers that smoking was bad for them! They responded almost exactly the same way as you Neckhammer. One of those smokers died in his fifties from lung cancer the other guy died little by little from a series of strokes. Both died because of smoking, and for being ignorant, long before their time.

It has been known for a very long time that pork meat, including bacon, is not the most healthy kind of meat. I heard it already as a teenager, so nothing is new to this at all. I eat it though, but not on a daily basis. Personally I wouldn’t eat any red meat every day either…

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Here's the thing. If you vary your diet, none of this should be an issue. I feel that I eat a fairly limited range of food. Even so, salmon, squid, oysters, chicken liver, chicken meat, pork, beef, cheese, and eggs offer me enough choices that I wouldn't ever really need to eat any one of those things to excess.

So pass the pork steak - I haven't had any in days!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Sure. Or a conspiracy made up by the usual nazi-jews, they just want to have all the bacon for themselves! So just relax, enjoy your daily bacon strips and a nice cup of bulletproof, and keep your shotgun ready...
    Love me some bacon...not all Jews have to be Kosher, just like not all Christians have to be Catholic. That's why religon rocks, they want members so bad you can do almost anything and it's still cool.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast