Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Sounds like some shit a commie muslim vegan would say
    YOu could say it sounded like a commie Jewish vegan. Then we could get dr anna over here and really get the party going.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Sounds like some shit a commie muslim vegan would say
    Sure. Or a conspiracy made up by the usual nazi-jews, they just want to have all the bacon for themselves! So just relax, enjoy your daily bacon strips and a nice cup of bulletproof, and keep your shotgun ready...

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Weston A Price society, which is very pro-meat and fat, recommends against consumption of pork based on some red blood cell clumping studies they apparently performed. It was pretty controversial and they lost a lot of followers because of it. They claim that if you ferment the meat it is fine.

I am experimenting with pork elimination right now. Sad, but so far it seems to improve my energy to eliminate it. I am hoping it was co-incidence and am adding it in again as a test.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I've personally tried, for the past year, to avoid pork like the devil, save for bacon, which isn't the best kind anyway. I know I still have immunity/adrenal problems, and I think it might have partially to do with the type of meat I consume. I personally will begin eating pork a month from now, after my beef stash in the freezer is gone...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Weston A Price society, which is very pro-meat and fat, recommends against consumption of pork based on some red blood cell clumping studies they apparently performed. It was pretty controversial and they lost a lot of followers because of it. They claim that if you ferment the meat it is fine.

I am experimenting with pork elimination right now. Sad, but so far it seems to improve my energy to eliminate it. I am hoping it was co-incidence and am adding it in again as a test.
    Do you happen to have a link to that WAPF study? I would be interested to read that. I find I feel better not eating pork too. I won't turn it down if I'm at a friends house for dinner but i won't order it at a restaurant or buy it to cook at home.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Do you happen to have a link to that WAPF study? I would be interested to read that. I find I feel better not eating pork too. I won't turn it down if I'm at a friends house for dinner but i won't order it at a restaurant or buy it to cook at home.
    Here's the study - and I'm using the term "study" very, very loosely. But it is still interesting.

How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The WAPF study is interesting although its on a very small group, basically examining red blood cells after different variations of pork consumption. Also a weird dietary practice called RBTI uses a refractometer to check urine after eating certain foods and pork shows up every time in the form of high uric acid levels. Pork is on the No Eat list for RBTI'ers.

I think its interesting that after pork is consumed, it can be seen in both the blood and urine. Personally when i stopped eating it i stopped having chest tightness.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Here's the study - and I'm using the term "study" very, very loosely. But it is still interesting.

How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation
    Thanks, Jammies. Yes, it would be nice to see this study replicated on a larger scale but it was interesting nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The WAPF study is interesting although its on a very small group, basically examining red blood cells after different variations of pork consumption. Also a weird dietary practice called RBTI uses a refractometer to check urine after eating certain foods and pork shows up every time in the form of high uric acid levels. Pork is on the No Eat list for RBTI'ers.

I think its interesting that after pork is consumed, it can be seen in both the blood and urine. Personally when i stopped eating it i stopped having chest tightness.
    The chest tightness could be a symptom of that abnormal blood coagulation that was shown in the study. If some of that clumped up blood was trying to make it though your heart and lungs, it would feel "tight".

Veeeeeeeery interesting.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I've never felt even the slightest, tiniest, but of bad eating pork... And I can eat GENEROUS portions of even pork belly.
    No tiredness, no bellyache, nothing but a smile.
    It's DELICIOUS!

All you peoples are weird.
    Oh well...
    More pork for me.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

DoraV is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Another one here who has never had a single issue eating pork, it's actually my favorite type of meat. Yum, pork chops, ribs, chicharrones, carnitas, pulled pork, bacon, sausage, I love them all!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast