Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 24

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Of course it’s not Illegal to speak negatively of bacon, it’s more like a religious taboo or a blasphemy to a few paleotards I think. Personally I am not against bacon and I also eat it myself occasionally, but I think it’s unwise to eat it too often. And my comment to Neckhammer above was more meant to question the ingestion of fatty food post workout, not just bacon…

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    That reason is those cultures had food traditions handed down from nomadic/herding times - and pigs don't travel well. They are a remnant of that last great battles between agrarian and hunter/gatherer culture.

It's no more complicated than that...
    Riiiight.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Baconfat post work out? Hmm, I guess it may be possible to cherry-pick a study to back that up as well…
    I'd actually make the assertion that high calories on workout days and lower calories on non workout days leads to good body recomp even in the context of raising your workout day calories with moar fat.....

Seems reasonable to me. I could go through some physiological hoops to try and prove this, but that would simply negate my very idea to K.I.S.S.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-26-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'd actually make the assertion that high calories on workout days and lower calories on non workout days leads to good body recomp even in the context of raising your workout day calories with moar fat.....

Seems reasonable to me.
    Agreed. Macro ratio post workout has minimal to no effect on body composition unless you are an elite bodybuilder. Overall intake has a much greater effect. Look at olsschool lifters like the Saxons, Sandow, etc. guys before the era of steroids built insanely impressive physiques and strength by lifting daily and slamming food.

Seems reasonable to me. I could go through some physiological hoops to try and prove this, but that would simply negate my very idea to K.I.S.S.
    I thought that ingesting fat post work out - and especially if you are working out fasted - would be counterproductive due to slow absorption rate. You finish a marathon or two hours in the gym and your body screams for glucose and protein and it gets fat to slow down the process of absorbing those nutrients? Fibrous food post work out would probably be a bad idea for the same reason I think…

I thought that ingesting fat post work out - and especially if you are working out fasted - would be counterproductive due to slow absorption rate. You finish a marathon or two hours in the gym and your body screams for glucose and protein and it gets fat to slow down the process of absorbing those nutrients? Fibrous food post work out would probably be a bad idea for the same reason I think…
    Ok. I'm not sure how to respond since your putting a marathon and a gym session in the same sentence. Totally different post workout strategies between a marathon and what I'm doing in the gym IMO.

Lets just say that any edge you lose in slowing digestion is gained back by that very same slow absorption.

But I exercise via HIT and it is usually over an hour post workout before I feel even able to consume food. Read Marks article on post workout fasting for some info on maximizing GH response.

Personally I just eat when I want and what I want.... tends to throw in just the right amount of randomness ala Art DeVany
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Ok. I'm not sure how to respond since your putting a marathon and a gym session in the same sentence. Totally different post workout strategies between a marathon and what I'm doing in the gym IMO.

Lets just say that any edge you lose in slowing digestion is gained back by that very same slow absorption.

But I exercise via HIT and it is usually over an hour post workout before I feel even able to consume food. Read Marks article on post workout fasting for some info on maximizing GH response.

Personally I just eat when I want and what I want.... tends to throw in just the right amount of randomness ala Art DeVany
    But a HIT session should be very metabolic demanding as well, and if you are working out fasted, then it is comparable to do a very long non-fasted workout, and the body will try to shuttle in protein and glucose to the muscles as fast as possible and fat or fibers will delay this process...

But a HIT session should be very metabolic demanding as well, and if you are working out fasted, then it is comparable to do a very long non-fasted workout, and the body will try to shuttle in protein and glucose to the muscles as fast as possible and fat or fibers will delay this process...
    I'm gonna link you to two things and I think if you read them both it should clear most of this up :

Top Ten Fasting Myths Debunked (Major Update Nov 4th) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/...R-Jan-2008.pdf

I in no way agree 100% with anyone nor do I ascribe to either of these fellas views completely, but I do think these two articles are relevant and pretty well cited.

I'm gonna link you to two things and I think if you read them both it should clear most of this up :

Top Ten Fasting Myths Debunked (Major Update Nov 4th) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/...R-Jan-2008.pdf

I in no way agree 100% with anyone nor do I ascribe to either of these fellas views completely, but I do think these two articles are relevant and pretty well cited.
    Martin Berkhan doesen't seem to agree with your post workout bacon meal Neckhammer: “The post workout meal is, ideally, a high carb, moderate protein and low fat feeding.”

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Martin Berkhan doesen't seem to agree with your post workout bacon meal Neckhammer: “The post workout meal is, ideally, a high carb, moderate protein and low fat feeding.”

"I in no way agree 100% with anyone nor do I ascribe to either of these fellas views completely....."

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324