Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 20

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I press my own oj if you're that curious
    nihil

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Pork made me lose my job, and my wife.

Damn pork.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiks View Post
    i'm jumping in on the conversation...but asking a question - i seem to break out whenever I eat bacon, does anyone else experience this? I grew up eating bacon, I love the taste, but no longer eat it because i saw that I broke out everytime.
    Saturated and monounsaturated fats are the fats that your body needs to make testosterone. High testosterone is linked to acne. This may not be a bad thing, but actually a sign that your hormone levels are healthy.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Cori, just buy some pork belly and cut it into strips and fry it like you would bacon. It's the part of the pig bacon is typically made from, so boom, saltless bacon.
    I know.

I just need to hate on missing salt every once in a while.
    I get both whole and thin sliced pork belly.
    LOVE IT!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I know.

I just need to hate on missing salt every once in a while.
    I get both whole and thin sliced pork belly.
    LOVE IT!
    These days, I rarely add salt (well, sodium) to anything I cook. I get plenty from the fermented veggies I eat and that's about the only way I consume it.

Although, have you tried the potassium-based salt replacement products? They really do taste like salt! And since we could ALL stand to increase our potassium intake...

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Saturated and monounsaturated fats are the fats that your body needs to make testosterone. High testosterone is linked to acne. This may not be a bad thing, but actually a sign that your hormone levels are healthy.
    Yea, im sure its massive boost in testosterone from pork fat that is causing his acne. :rolls eyes:

Cori, you sound in pretty bad health to be making fun of someone doing so well. Maybe you should switch some of that animal for some citrus.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Cori, you sound in pretty bad health to be making fun of someone doing so well. Maybe you should switch some of that animal for some citrus.
    Zach, put a sock in it, dude. Cori's health problems are not her fault or something she she chose. She is dealing with life threatening catastrophic situations bravely and admirably. You are being a pipsqueak.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea, im sure its massive boost in testosterone from pork fat that is causing his acne. :rolls eyes:

No.
    I know exactly what my health issues are and how to control them.
    I have a neurological issue that both consuming sodium and sugars/carbs negatively affects.
    How do I know this?
    Because I have tried higher carb. From both fruits and starches.
    It's very bad for my brain situation.
    Going HFLC allowed me to reduce my daily medication by over 2/3. and improve to the point that I can drive again(after not driving for over a year, as well as needing to use a wheelchair at times and other assistive devices... no longer need any assistive devices either) on top of that.
    You have no clue what you are talking about.

But, good try.
    And actually... I do use a bit of lime juice in my water all day every day.
    It's good stuff.
    But no OJ, thanks.

If someone wants to post vomit Pics to make fun of people who eat pork, then they should expect some fun to be poked right back.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-20-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    In the short time I've been here, I've seen Cori go from feeling miserable most of the time from major health issues to feel really good most of the time.

Zach, until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, or at least taken the time to learn their story, you just come off as a moron.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sorry but a big glob of greasy bacon fat just doesn't look appetizing to me
    nihil

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast