Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 18

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I wonder if he ever raised, killed, and bitcherd his own pastured pork...

One year when I was about 11 there was a gilt (young female) who hadn't farrowed (given birth) with the rest of the sows on time... she was a couple of months late and slated for culling as we thought she hadn't taken (she was showing no signs of pregnancy).
    So dead she got.
    While butchering I literally squealed with delight (I know you love the irony there) to find her uterus full of 8 nearly fully developed piglets. My dad wasn't happy... but it was what it was.
    And I got to get out the college level biology text book and perform fetal pig dissections all week!

No?
    That was just me...
    The circle of life is cool and shit.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Dude... it has nothing to do with starving.
    Chickens just love protein and will take any opportunity to get it...
    Worms, slugs, maggots, bugs... yum.
    Snakes. Yum.
    Mice. YUM!
    A bloody spot on my brother... hell yeah, I'll eat that. YUM!

Not big thinkers those chickens.
    And it happens just as easily among the fattest most well fed chicken as it does the "starved".

I love the information people throw around who have no real experience with animal husbandry.
    Why is that a problem? I gladly eat wild throut that feed on maggots, insects and worms as well. And they are also cannibals. Tasty worm eating cannibal fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Why is that a problem? I gladly eat wild trout that feed on maggots, insects and worms as well. Tasty...
    Just saying that the cannibalism in chicken has nothing to do with starvation... it's merely something they do.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Just saying that the cannibalism in chicken has nothing to do with starvation... it's merely something they do.
    And so what? Rabbits, trouts, and lots of other animals eat each others and I eat them! No problems for me at all...

Obviously it was a point someone else was making... and we were chatting about it, then you sid they do it because they are starving, which is simply not the case, as I corrected.

Jeezus.

I'm well aware of the habits of farm animals when it comes to eating other farm animals and their own offspring.
    (I was pretty intimately tied to such things for half of my current 40 years.)
    And it poses no problems for me.
    It weirds other people out however to think of animals as cannibalistic.

I also don't have a problem eating pork or beef (and other sources of red meat such as deer)rather frequently.

If you aren't eating the liver out of those rabbits you are wasting the best part.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, I know very well that animals are cannibalistic and have no problems with pigs for the reason that they eat worms and rodents either and I even eat pork myself occasionaly! But unlike many others here I can live very good without eating bacon daily for breakfast...

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Bacon tastes nice.

/twocents

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
    Oh lord, this thread has me reevaluating. Does anybody like pigs feet, btw?
    As a kid my grandparents served pigs feet and pigs tails sometimes and it was freaking delicious! It is gelatinious and fatty and you eat it with your hands... yum.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by hlhxd View Post
    Most bacon is highly processed meat and should not be eaten too often for several reasons. I eat it maybe once or twice per month, and I fry out as much of the fat as I can. Not because it is high in saturated fat but pork like humans stores a lot of toxins in their bodyfat, so no reason to overdo it.
    citation needed

Seriously people what on earth makes you think pig fat is magically holding onto toxins at some ratio statistically different from chicken fat, turkey fat, beef fat and so on and so forth. Is this just more of the urban legend?

I mean analysis of product is done all the time. I'd just like to see ONE that confirms 1) Pork has more toxins than other meat given that both were raised "free range" or "pastured" OR 2) That heating pork to won't destroy all the parasites inside?
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-20-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast