Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 14

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    By definition anything that is "excessive" is deleterious to health. That would be the very reason it is called excessive correct? Excessive water will kill you! Everyone stop drinking water!
    What is excessive depends on who you are and your lifestyle but one recommendation goes like this:

"There is suggestive evidence that red meat intake increases the risk of oesophageal, lung, pancreatic and endometrial cancer.[18] As a result, they recommend limiting intake of red meat to less than 300g (11 oz) cooked weight per week, "very little, if any of which to be processed."[26]"

So based on this study we could say that excessive for most persons would be more than one pound of red meat per week. Personally I limit myself to two pound that I normally eat in one sitting, but I woulden't eat much more than that...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Alright, maybe you should tell what you mean then? And even if you can find some african tribe that seem to do well on mostly red meat, don't forget that we are not living the rest of their lifestyle, including their animals, having the same genetics etc, so you would still be wrong...
    I meant populations. As you allude to. So you're on a website about "The Primal Blueprint," but you don't accept that what evolution designed us for is still good for us? Or only applies if we actually go live on the Savannah? This represents a disconnect in your thought patterns, not the actual evidence.

Propose a mechanism by which clean red meat, the kind those of us on this website advocate, would cause any of the problems you're so scared of and we can debunk away.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I meant populations. As you allude to. So you're on a website about "The Primal Blueprint," but you don't accept that what evolution designed us for is still good for us? Or only applies if we actually go live on the Savannah? This represents a disconnect in your thought patterns, not the actual evidence.

Propose a mechanism by which clean red meat, the kind those of us on this website advocate, would cause any of the problems you're so scared of and we can debunk away.
    I am not a scientist, and I don't think that science says there is a single mecanism either, but you can start by "debunking" all those scientific references from the Wiki article that I referenced to in my posting above that indicate that red meat consumption should be limited...

I am not a scientist, and I don't think that science says there is a single mecanism either, but you can start by "debunking" all those scientific references from the Wiki article that I referenced to in my posting above that indicate that red meat consumption should be limited...
    Confounds.

I'm no scientist either, but it's not difficult to propose confounding variables. And in almost every case, sugar and/or wheat can be substituted.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Here's the MDA debunk...follow on to Denise's page for some more on it:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/will-...meat-kill-you/

Learn about the good the bad and the fraking stupid in science and how to read it ......heres a good post:

Always Be Skeptical Of Nutrition Headlines: Or, What “Red Meat Consumption and Mortality” (Pan et.al.) Really Tells Us - GNOLLS.ORG

Hmm. Well, I could spend 2 weeks tracking down a bunch of "studies" that largely make use of the Nurses Health Study data, or I can re-post the link you probably didn't read from before:

Will Eating Red Meat Kill You? | Mark's Daily Apple

Anyway I thought we were talking bacon here baby! Speaking of which I had the trifecta in my omelet just now....bacon, ham, and sausage. Booya!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Anyway I thought we were talking bacon here baby! Speaking of which I had the trifecta in my omelet just now....bacon, ham, and sausage. Booya!
    That's what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow, all those pork meats, plus pork roll (a different sort of sausage that seems to only exist in and around NJ). Quadrifecta?

Gorbags personal meat recommendations – take it or leave it:

Red meat: once a week, limited to one pound for most people
    White meat: 2-4 days a week
    Fish and seafood: minimum 1 and maximum 3 days a week
    Pork/bacon: not more than twice a month
    Organs: minimum once a month and maximum once a week
    Eggs: ad libitum
    Last edited by Gorbag; 01-18-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Neckhammer's personal meat recommendations – take it or leave it:

Red meat: ad libitum
    White meat: ad libitum
    Fish and seafood: ad libitum
    Pork/bacon: ad libitum
    Eggs: ad libitum
    I'll leave it .....but, I posted mine above for ya to reference if you ever wanna change things up.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast