Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from? page 11

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Nope, never raised them. Just going by every picture i have ever seen of pigs in a feed lot.

It would be nice if all feed animals were treated like that.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I've never felt even the slightest, tiniest, but of bad eating pork... And I can eat GENEROUS portions of even pork belly.
    No tiredness, no bellyache, nothing but a smile.
    It's DELICIOUS!

All you peoples are weird.
    Oh well...
    More pork for me.
    Save some for me! I don't have any issues with it either. We would eat it more often if we didn't have a freezer full of beef and venison.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nope, never raised them. Just going by every picture i have ever seen of pigs in a feed lot.

Any animal raised in such a small space per animal on ground that cannot be cleaned/drained, be it beef, pork, or chicken (even fish raised in feed lot sea pens are toxic as hell), lives in such "shitty" conditions...

For the vast majority of industrial pork the feet of those pink little pigs never even meet the dirt... that would be too risky.
    They raise them on concrete in huge houses, with slatted floors that the waste falls through, and people only enter in full disposable suits, with masks over their faces, and all feeding is automated...
    Less risk of an outbreak of infection. In crowded confines an infection could cost a producer MONEY fast because treatment costs MONEY, treatment delays weight gain and that costs MONEY, and treatment can delay the sale of the carcass to market costing MONEY...

Also...
    No killing and butchering animals does NOT = tough.
    It's no different that planting a seed, water the plant, and picking the fruit.
    It's just that I was raised doing a thing that its natural for humans to do... and most other people haven't been.
    It's not "tough", a little spiritual maybe, but not tough at all.
    Those assertions really do let me know that it's something you don't understand at all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ok tough lady, you win.

Still though, it makes you wonder why billions of people dont eat it for various reasons. Mostly because it is unclean.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ok tough lady, you win.

Still though, it makes you wonder why billions of people dont eat it for various reasons. Mostly because it is unclean.
    You do realize that in the area where the idea that pork is traditionally forbidden came from that the climate isn't particularly pork friendly... that people would have to share human food with pigs in order to raise pork to eat, right?
    And that in those same areas that things like goats, sheep, and camels did not compete with humans for food.

See something going on there?

Even I can add that up.

In other parts of the world there was no taboo against pork... other than what was carried there via the spread of religion.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    At the risk of drawing in religious trolls who can threaten eternal ill health:

""And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".
    [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Some religious groups interpret this as saying that the pig is literally an unclean animal, others interpret is as saying that the pig appears to be one thing (a ruminant) but is actually an omnivore, and therefore it is deceptive (wolf in sheep's clothing) and therefore "fake", "devilish, impure.

You know things have gone wrong when people start quoting the bible!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    How could we?!

piglet.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Why? I usually eat red meat once a week, poultry three times a week, fish or seafood twice a week, and organs once a week. Do you imply that this is not primal enough?
    Can you site some sources on why you think red meat should not be eaten more than once a week? It's not that it isn't primal, it's just odd that you've placed a limit on a food that (I would say) most of us believe to be inherently good (provided it is sourced well).

Im laughing at all the big bad carnivores here who wouldnt sweat eating a human or ape but immediately crap their pants when there is gluten in their presence.

Also i doubt any of you actually kill and butcher your own animals, im sure you would change your tune when you have to cut a hunk of meat out of a dead body. Give up the meat = tough guy act, its ridiculous.
    Re: gluten - you do realize that celiacs and gluten intolerance are serious and recognized diseases/disorders? That people can die from stuff like this? And that most (that is more than 50%) of the people who follow a paleo/primal lifestyle fall into these categories (not the dead, I mean the diagnosis)? So... in case it's not clear, you've just been incredibly insulting. I thought I'd let you know.

Re: toughness - what cori said.

Without an understanding of what a farm environment (NOT feed lot farming) is like and how animals in the wild live (I would argue that that would be the "cleanest" source of meat, though fuck that word), I don't think your opinion is holding much sway. Also, just letting you know, in case you couldn't tell. Also, I cannot tell when you are being sarcastic. Damn text.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

""And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

Some religious groups interpret this as saying that the pig is literally an unclean animal, others interpret is as saying that the pig appears to be one thing (a ruminant) but is actually an omnivore, and therefore it is deceptive (wolf in sheep's clothing) and therefore "fake", "devilish, impure.

You know things have gone wrong when people start quoting the bible!
    I laughed at your introduction to this.

It's an interesting concept. It makes sense to me, from the way I've been raised to see certain things as clean, dirty, acceptable, or unacceptable (it's all conditioning and perspective, nothing is a given), that as omnivores, it would be "unclean" to consume another omnivore.

But I don't worry about it much. I eat pig meat.

If I was trapped in snowy mountains after a plane crash, the last thing I would be worried about is dignity. I don't think I would be able to kill another person or eat them (mental block on morality) in order to survive. But then again, I don't go about planning my potential survival method for very unlikely circumstances.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

You didn't go far enough; Leviticus 11:8, "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."

No football for you, freak!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast