Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bone broth timing? page

kinglee1984 is offline Junior Member

Bone broth timing?

Primal Fuel
    Hi I'm new to primal eating but am adopting a lot of the lifestyle changes mark preaches in primal blueprint, I've tried bone broth in the past and am going to start making it again, I'm curious if there's an optimal time to be drinking it? Or when others drink theirs? In the morning I have a pint of greed tea on waking, then a mug of black coffee with coconut oil then walk the dog and walk to work then eat a veggie omelette, would somewhere in there be beneficial or could it inhibit the green teas antioxidants and the coconuts mct benefits? I'm thinking a cup with my omelette? Thanks for any advice and I look forward to learning from some of you guys who have more knowledge in the field

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    I don't drink mine, I use it for stock, soups, and other cooking.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I've considered drinking broth in the morning like having a cup of coffee. But so far all I've ever done is make soup. I made some nice chicken feet soup recently. I don't usually consume broth on a regular basis.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I just drink mine when I feel like it. Or when I am doing a 'half fast"

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I do drink mine like a mug of coffee. Add some salt and spices (whatever your up for). I don't care much for soups I guess....just once in a great while. Plus I was in the bad habit of having an evening coffee and this displaces that nicely.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't worry too much about timing. getting it in your tummy, whatever way possible is a good thing. don't over think it.
    how about the opposite and drink it when you get a craving?

Didn't really consider the fact of drinking it to quench a craving, I was more looking at drinking it for potential health benefits, I was planning on making a big batch and freezing the majority and drinking a cup a day? Seems like the consensus might be that its overkill? I don't have any leaky gut issues that I know of just wanting to prevent anything

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglee1984 View Post
    Didn't really consider the fact of drinking it to quench a craving, I was more looking at drinking it for potential health benefits, I was planning on making a big batch and freezing the majority and drinking a cup a day? Seems like the consensus might be that its overkill? I don't have any leaky gut issues that I know of just wanting to prevent anything
    I don't think it is overkill, some days I have more than that depending on what I am cooking. I use it for the calcium and other minerals. I don't really like to drink it, but cooking with it rocks

Hmm cool cheers, well if there's no downside at least then I'll go right ahead with planning a big batch

camel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Drink it when eating muscle meat, helps your body process the protein more efficiently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast