Thread: Nervous newbie page

jennabee25 is offline Junior Member

Nervous newbie

Primal Fuel
    My husband has been trying to get me to go paleo for a while now. I am doing this because my doctor told me I needed to lose weight, so I thought I'd give this a try.

Here's why I'm nervous:
    1. I take a bunch of meds that mess with my weight.
    2. I've tried other drastic diets before with disastrous results.
    3. It's harder for women to lose weight.

So, I'm here for a little moral support. My husband has had great results with the diet, so I hope to get the same, too.

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Hi,

You are lucky that your husband is already primal and can give you support.
    I am female and have been primal for 6 months now. I lost 25% of my weight, from 82kilo to 61 kilo I find primal easy and not really a diet, I love eating meat, fish, veggies, some fruit, some nuts, plenty of eggs and sometimes paleo muffins and a daily piece of dark chocolate. Basically all the good partsof .a meal and not the boring bread or rice.
    There are plenty of great recipes on the web and I check amazon daily for free primal and paleo kindle cookbooks, read them on my pc with the free kindle app.
    The best part for me is not losing the weight, though Ido love that, but my fastly increased health that started getting better within one week of starting. I discovered that lung and sinus problems Ihad for 30 year were because of cow dairy and some other things were caused by grains. So I ate some cookies for xmas, and they tasted great, but I did feel better after 2 days primal eating again. So dont think of it as a diet, just great food and a new, permanent, better way of life. And dont forget the rest of primal, the sleeping, playing, and living a great life

Have fun and good luck getting primal.

Samphis is offline Member
    Heya, wifey! Glad to see you're on board and looking for opinions other than mine. This is a pretty great community.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    haha! hilarious.
    sooooooo, DON'T BE NERVOUS! i was on teh SCD diet (for ulcerative colitis) several years ago and now primal since Nov. I think the main thing is to really approach this as a way of life as opposed to diet. Weight lose may be a perk but, in my humble opinion, shouldn't be the focus. this is about removing processed foods and getting healthy.
    i think the main thing to remember is every body is different. you may have to play around with different food options until you find what works for you. having said that, Mark outlines the basics really well!

second thing that i think it key is don't just remove things from your diet...substitute! i tried cauliflower rice for the first time this week and it is unbeliveably delicious!!!

main thing i've noticed is i don't think about food as much. i used to be a perpetual snacker and now, i'm more satisfied with my meals. also, don't be afraid of fat! especially coconut oil.

anyway, good luck and keep us posted!

I'm new too, but this isn't another drastic diet. It's not a gimmick -- it's what people used to call "eating" back when there was no alternative to real food. And it's not as hard as it seems like it might be, once you get going. I'm only on my second week, and I can't believe how easy it is to walk by entire plates of cookies at work! Just take it a day at a time, and plan ahead. Try not to get caught without any Primal option when you're hungry.

Thank you, all. I appreciate the support.

jeeva1388 is offline Junior Member
    NERVOUS! i was on teh SCD diet (for ulcerative colitis) several years ago and now primal since Nov. I think the main thing is to really approach this as a way of life as opposed to diet. Weight lose may be a perk but, in my humble opinion, shouldn't be the focus. this is about removing processed foods and getting healthy.
    i think the main thing to remember is every body is different. you may have to play around with different food options until you find what works for you. having said that, Mark outlines the basics really well!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith75 View Post
    I think that all of your ideas are baseless. All you need is just believe on yourself. I would like to recommend you to watch all the video tutorial of Edward Checo. Here are couple of those you must watch:

hot girl, workout girl, girl motivation Is She Stronger Than You? (Female Motivation) - YouTube

Inspiration, inspirational video Most Inspirational Video Ever Made - YouTube
    That's what you call encouragement? Sheesh.

Jennabee, your concerns are completely valid and yes, changing the way you eat for the rest of your life is a major commitment, but it's not one you'll ever regret. You can count on falling off the wagon here and there, and on having to be subjected to CW's brainwashed masses regurgitating the same ol' mantra, and to outright criticism for doing what you know is right for your body. Weight may not fall off as quickly as you'd like. It is harder for women, that's a fact. Once your body is healing and on the path to wellness, weight loss and everything else will fall into place.
    You are so lucky to have a partner on board to help you through the rough transitional phases. I'm looking forward to a couple's Friday success story from you two!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

It's been a week now, and I've been doing really well! I've lost about ten pounds, have a brighter mood, and feel like I've come out of a fuzzy cloud of bad food. Yes, it is a lifestyle thing, I'm learning. And it's great. Thank you all for the support!

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennabee25 View Post
    It's been a week now, and I've been doing really well! I've lost about ten pounds, have a brighter mood, and feel like I've come out of a fuzzy cloud of bad food. Yes, it is a lifestyle thing, I'm learning. And it's great. Thank you all for the support!
    Congrats!!