Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craving dairy like a mo'fo page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just a thought - could the salt cravings have something to do with the amount of Magnesium I'm getting from coffee? Mg plays a role in the sodium/potassium balance, right?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    sodium prevents urinary magnesium loss by decreasing aldosterone production
    nihil

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I go through periods of being on or off dairy depending what my training schedule is. I also find that the more I eat dairy the more I want it. I just chalk it up to it being delicious. I stick to mostly Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    sodium prevents urinary magnesium loss by decreasing aldosterone production
    Interesting... thanks Derp!

Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    I go through periods of being on or off dairy depending what my training schedule is. I also find that the more I eat dairy the more I want it. I just chalk it up to it being delicious. I stick to mostly Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
    Ha - true. I get like that with a lot of foods, but I'll normally only crave them once a day, or every second day. It's not normally this excessive - eating it for two meals a day?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12