Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal friendly restaurants while on holidays page

primal_alex is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Primal friendly restaurants while on holidays

Primal Fuel
    I think it's everybody's concern here to stay as much primal as possible even while on holidays. Or at least, for me it is

I have been thinking alot about a collective project to list all primal friendly restaurants where we live or restaurant we find while traveling abroad, with name, lat/long and one row of comments (or website where available). The idea is to make a continuously growing POI file for Google Earth which can also be exported to mobile devices or handheld GPS navigators.

I am available to take the ownership of the file maintenance and will try to regularly post updates. I hope I'll have a lot to do because it will mean that the list is going to be huge

I start.

From my recent trip to Paris, the city of french croissants and baguette, I have been very lucky to find the following address:

Name: Charbon Rouge
    Lat/Long: 48.868983N 2.304113E
    Notes: Argentinian grill with big choice of meat. They also have roasted bone marrow as starter, a must try
    Website: CHARBON ROUGE : les Viandes du monde grillées au charbon de bois

Paris (France) again, another excellent and primal friendly restaurant:

Name: J'Go
    Lat/Long: 48.872576N 2.340421E
    Notes: Grilled lamb, potatoes fried in duck's tallow, sourdough bread
    Website: Restaurant JGO Toulouse, JGO Paris Drouot, JGO Paris Saint-Germain, gigot, agneau, poulet du gers, porc noir...
    Last edited by primal_alex; 01-16-2013 at 04:43 AM.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    In the U.S. it's hard to find a more Primal restaurant than a Mongolian Bbq. You choose from a wide variety of meats, seafood, and veggies then you take your selections to the cooks and they toss it on a 700 degree flat top grill. You just need to avoid the sauces they offer and unfortunately I have yet to find one that has organic choices.

Paleobird Guest
    If anyone is going to San Diego on vacation:

The Rei do Gabo Brazilian curascurio in the Gaslamp Quarter on 4th (my favorite serious pig out spot)
    The Burger Lounge grass fed burgers, several locations in town including corner of 4th and University (and they do lettuce wraps)
    The Wellington high end steak house serving grass fed (but very pricy) on Washington Street
    The Range american "grill" serving free range chicken and beef on University Ave
    Toro Asian buffet in Mission Valley Shopping Center. Not everything is Primal but, if you are in the mood to eat a $100 worth of sashimi for $25 great. Also great salads.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I need the lat/long. The idea is to build a file with GPS coordinates to be loaded on handheld devices, so that when people are around can quickly find it

Name: Rei Do Gabo
    Lat/Long: 32.715244N 117.160968W
    Notes: Brasilian Curascurio

Name: Burger Lounge
    Lat/Long: ??/??
    Notes: Grass Fed Burgers, they do letture wraps

Name: Wellington High End Steak
    Lat/Long: 32.749697N 117.169764W
    Notes: Grass fed steak (very pricy)

Name: Range American Grill
    Lat/Long: ??/?? SORRY I CANNOT FIND IT
    Notes: Free range chicken and beef

Name: Toro Asian Buffet
    Lat/Long: 32.768682N -117.148669W
    Notes: in Mission Valley Shopping Center. Not everything is Primal but, if you are in the mood to eat a $100 worth of sashimi for $25 great. Also great salads.

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    How about the Houston/Galveston area??

Paleobird Guest
    The Burger lounge is at the corner of Fourth Avenue and University Avenue. But this is a whole chain all over SoCal: Burger Lounge

The Range has just finished moving from one spot on University Ave to another. Welcome To the Range Hillcrest: Cage Free. Grass Fed. Craft Beer. Local Wines.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    How about the Houston/Galveston area??
    Fogo de Chao, but it's quite expensive ($45+ for dinner). Locations | Fogo de Chao

Pretty much any churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse) is very paleo friendly, because they bring just meat to the table and you can pick what vegetables you want off of the salad bar, and omit the rest. A few of the meats may be in a sweet sauce but it will be obvious. You can have as much of the good meat as you want and not take any you don't want.

In Albuquerque, the local churrascaria is Tucanos and we love it a lot, very often go there for special occasions, and it's much cheaper than Fogo de Chao (half the price). I am very partial to the Lobster bisque there; I end up dipping all my meat in it...

Find a Tucanos Near You | Tucanos Brazilian Grill - also in Boise, Provo, Salt Lake City, Colorado Springs, & Newport News Virginia.

sossidges is offline Junior Member
    How is the app building going? I seen a similar type of thing where people can upload good foraging locations with GPS. Maybe not utilised as much as it could be as people often wish to keep these locations to themselves! Your idea should work for shops/restaurants etc. though.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sossidges View Post
    How is the app building going?
    I gave up. As you mention, people seem to be keeping their best restaurants for themselves

Technically, the GPS mapping of primal/paleo friendly restaurants was just the starting idea, but, similarly, we could map all spots where people can find a pullup bar, parallels, rings, etc in open air, and do a workout for free while on holidays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast