Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal friendly restaurants while on holidays page 2

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just go to a steak house, honestly. When I'm on vacation I don't sweat what kind of oil they use, so I just decline the bread and get extra veggies. Voila, paleo! Or if I go to a fancier place I get things like the lamb shanks, mmm... and fancier places often use butter, I can taste it.

KT79 is offline Member
    Portland, OR has a paleo food cart that I tried last year - the Cultured Caveman. Grass fed chili, bone broth, paleo salads, and bacon-wrapped dates. Yum.

Paris has a gluten free bakery (Helmut Newcake) and a certified gluten free restaurant - don't remember the name, but google will tell you. Not paleo, really - but a step in the right direction.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Elevation Burger. Grassfed beef, option of a lettuce wrap...fries are fried in olive oil. We have them here in Miami and I'm sure they're other places.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    The RedHot buffet in Cardiff has several dishes where use of veg oils and stuff is little to none and the staff are happy to explain what's in each dish: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=car...en&sa=N&tab=wl
    And Lilo's steak house is good too: cardiff lilo steak house - Google Maps
    And the sizzle and grill's challenge sounds cool: cardiff sizzle and grill - Google Maps

Pretty much every Indian restaurant has Primal-friendly options and several have open kitchens, like Mirchi's: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=il (The photo is of their fast-food restaurant, but the main restaurant is directly opposite and fabulous.)
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

primal_alex is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    The RedHot buffet...
    Hi Kochin, thanks! That's what I need for the file of Points of Interests: a name, a latitude and a longitude. "Just go into the nearest churrascaria and throw the corn" does not help me

I'll try to release a file soon, even if so far I have only a dozen of addresses, people will eventually get interested.

Chendry is offline Junior Member
    I'd like to contribute, but am uncertain how to find the lat/longs?

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Hi Alex, I dream of running a primal inspired restaurant but as I currently work in an office I'll have to get back to you :-)

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Chendry View Post
    I'd like to contribute, but am uncertain how to find the lat/longs?
    Hi Chendry,

You can send me the link from google maps, I can easily find the coordinates from there.

I am going to publish the first file soon, there are only 20 restaurants so far so it is pretty useless: let's call it a proof-of-concept.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12