Thread: Raspberry Keytone Supplement page

ddickson is offline Junior Member

Raspberry Keytone Supplement

Primal Fuel
    I am wondering if anyone has any insight to taking a supplement such as raspberry keytones to aid in fat loss?

Raspberries are part of the primal diet, we just can not consume enough of them to reap the benefits that the keytone supplement can offer.

Any Insight would be great!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ddickson View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any insight to taking a supplement such as raspberry keytones to aid in fat loss?

Raspberries are part of the primal diet, we just can not consume enough of them to reap the benefits that the keytone supplement can offer.

It is snake oil sold to the masses by "Dr." Oz. Don't waste your money.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddickson View Post
    Dear Mark: Marathon Fuel, Muscle Cramps, and Another Dr. Oz Miracle | Mark's Daily Apple

Ah, the eminent Dr. Oz! If he says it, generally, I take it as gospel.

Seriously, though, it’s not total bunk. A study in rodents found that raspberry ketone supplementation both prevented fat gain on a proven obesogenic diet and helped already fattened rats slim down a bit. Sounds good, right? I mean, sure, we’re not big hairless, tailless rats, but we’re both mammals, and we can glean a lot of hints about our own physiology by studying rodents. Eh, not so fast: the rodents’ diets were up to 2% raspberry ketones. Yes, it wasn’t quite a supplement, it was a sizable component of their diets. That would be like if you swapped out polyunsaturated fat for resveratrol. When you’re measuring a supplement in calories, rather than micrograms, milligrams, or IU, I think it’s time to step away and reevaluate your relationship with the compound.

I suppose you could replicate the rat dosage and get 2% of your calories from raspberry ketones and hope for a result, but that would get pretty expensive really fast. The typical bottle has 60 capsules with anywhere from 100 to 500 mg per capsule, and you’d be taking at least half the bottle a day to hit the heroic dosages. Good luck

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You would need to take a massive dose to get results, and it's not the cheapest supplement. Go for it if you're a millionaire.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ddickson is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome thank you guys for your feedback, and for the link. It was very helpful.