Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The way to a man's heart..... page 2

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grilled ribeye? Throw in melted butter and I'd whore myself out to almost anybody for that.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I would eat it all UP, but my guy would not enjoy the sweet potato just because he simply does not like sweet potato in any guise - but that is him.

Sticking to your Primalness is awesome - very honest, and I really like that. Hopefully he will, too.

My guy, other than sweet potatoes that is, really just likes well-prepared food of any kind, in amounts that get him full, put on the table in a spirit of welcoming hospitality. And knowing that there will be a ahem... "dessert"... beyond the dessert, if you know what I mean. But we are an old married couple, not new to each other, so you can obviously save that for later.

Have a grand evening!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap, that sounds awesome. If he doesn't go for it, ditch him and call me!

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    One recommendation would be to fry up some bacon, and dice it, put that on the sweet potato, or on the steak. Home made bacon bits are awesome!!! Even without bacon that sounds awesome!!!

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    One recommendation would be to fry up some bacon, and dice it, put that on the sweet potato, or on the steak. Home made bacon bits are awesome!!! Even without bacon that sounds awesome!!!
    Bacon on the green beans would be perfect! I steam green beans, add almond slices sauted in Olive oil with a bit of garlic (so the almond is just barely golden, and the garlic is added haflway through so it doesn't burn), and bacon bits. The olive oil you sauted the almonds/garlic in should be drizzled over the top with a bit of salt. Server room temperature or refrigerated (ie should be made in advance, which also eases up scheduling while cooking)

--Me

Edit: Add some of the bacon fat into the olive oil prior to sauteeing the almonds/garlic. Not too much (for flavour reasons), but just enough

boomingno is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    You had me at "grilled ribeye".........
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    If he isn't seduced by this meal then...... well let's hope you 2 have a lot of other things in common because food won't be one of them!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Good enough for seducing me as well, maybe some onion added to the grilled ribeye though...

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Oysters really put the lead in the pencil.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Then there is the old saying that, "The woman who thinks that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is setting her sights too high."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast