Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrating appointment page 2

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    I've carefully followed medical advice for 15 years now and have progressive more problems and gotten sicker and sicker. I've now learned to say "NO" to some of their advice (it is advice isn't it?). But they do great, fantastic surgeries.
    Yes surgeons are the true doctors. I don't follow any of their advice (MDs' etc) and my health is fantastic. Its a path that leads to trouble more often than not.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    I once saw a naturopath who told me how awful veganism was for you. (I was vegan at the time). And then everyone wonders why most people are confused over what to eat to get/stay healthy - because the so-called professionals all tell us something different.

I currently see a nurse practitioner who takes a very integrative approach which I generally appreciate, but I haven't gone into detail about my diet. My test results/general fitness + my not telling her what I eat = we're both happy. I see no reason to mess with the equation.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Hi everyone;

Yesterday I saw a integrative medicine physician at a pretty well known clinic. I waited months to see him. My goal was to find ways to improve my energy.

During the diet section, I told him how I eat and how I had made amazing improvements in my health, gotten my RA under control, and lost weight with paleo eating. He pointed out that meat was not healthy and should be a limited part of the diet. Ugh.

I mentioned that I found the data on meat unconvincing...blah blah blah, but that either way the diet was so successful for me I didn't want to change it.

He proceeded to bring up the diet and giving up meat about 15 times throughout our whole appointment. It was sooo aggravating. He suggested flax oil and cod liver oil was full of toxins and suggested avoiding all liver and shellfish. He then directed me to read "THE CHINA STUDY"!!!

It annoys me that I got next to nothing out of this two hours other than a thinly veiled attempt to promote veganism.

What a fricking waste.
    Ugh... how terrible!

Find a doctor here:
    Paleo Physicians Network
    Primal Docs - Physicians with an evolutionary approach to health and nutrition

peril is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    How frustrating that must have been! I wish doctors were required to publish a synopsis of their nutritional "religion" so patients could put together a coherent approach (esp if seeing multiple doctors) and avoid being hectored about a successful approach. At least you are well-informed and not at the mercy of all the conflicting messages...wish I could say the same for some of my relatives struggling thru the minefield of statins and whole grains.
    My GP retired about 12 months ago. I haven't looked for another because I object to paying them to find out what they believe and I don't know of any near me that might be OK. It is just bullshit that we are asked to believe that all GPs are the same and will offer the same advice or treatment
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12