Thread: Grass fed meat page

Grass fed meat

Shop Now
    Hey folks. I'm new to the community. I read the free ebooks and now I'm reading The Primal Blueprint. Great stuff and I'm looking forward to starting everything. I have a question though. With grass fed meat being more expensive,is there maybe a second place runner up for a cheaper meat? I've tried searching ,but can't seem to find anything out. I figured someone on here might have an answer to this. Thanks in advance.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishscott View Post
    Hey folks. I'm new to the community. I read the free ebooks and now I'm reading The Primal Blueprint. Great stuff and I'm looking forward to starting everything. I have a question though. With grass fed meat being more expensive,is there maybe a second place runner up for a cheaper meat? I've tried searching ,but can't seem to find anything out. I figured someone on here might have an answer to this. Thanks in advance.
    Yeah grass fed and hormone free can definitely be expensive. I got resourceful and found a local farm that delivers to my place. It cost me about 250 every time I order for one person. This last me about a month and a half mind you I'm a small person. I calculated this to be about less than 10 dollars a day for me to eat meat. To answer your question if you can't afford good quality meat then stick with the leaner cuts of conventional ones. I read somewhere that animals tend to store toxins in the fat. Don't quote me on that one though. I mean for myself I eat conventional meat from time to time ie. at work, going out to dinner and family gatherings. I don't worry too much about it. I figured I eat a lot better with the rest of society.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yes the above poster is right.
    If you really can't afford grass fed/hormone free meat, then pick leaner cuts of other meat, and cut away visible fat. That is where the nasties are.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    Yeah grass fed and hormone free can definitely be expensive. I got resourceful and found a local farm that delivers to my place. It cost me about 250 every time I order for one person. This last me about a month and a half mind you I'm a small person. I calculated this to be about less than 10 dollars a day for me to eat meat. To answer your question if you can't afford good quality meat then stick with the leaner cuts of conventional ones. I read somewhere that animals tend to store toxins in the fat. Don't quote me on that one though. I mean for myself I eat conventional meat from time to time ie. at work, going out to dinner and family gatherings. I don't worry too much about it. I figured I eat a lot better with the rest of society.
    Thank you for your response. I will look around at local farms and check their prices.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    As a second choice, 4H are FFA are everywhere and are cheap. But you buy an animal at a Fair and bid by the pound, so you need a good sized freezer. You can also buy with friends. These animals are fed no antibiotics or hormons of any kind, but usually they are grain fed.

Are you familiar with Eat Wild .com and American Grass-Fed .com? What state are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    As a second choice, 4H are FFA are everywhere and are cheap. But you buy an animal at a Fair and bid by the pound, so you need a good sized freezer. You can also buy with friends. These animals are fed no antibiotics or hormons of any kind, but usually they are grain fed.

Are you familiar with Eat Wild .com and American Grass-Fed .com? What state are you in?
    Yes, I am familiar with both. I live in Memphis, TN