Thread: Could this really be the answer ? page

maasa is offline Junior Member

Could this really be the answer ?

Primal Fuel
    Today my primal journey begins. At 42 years of age, a mother, a wife, an established career, a sugar addict and 30kgs overweight. I have spent my holidays reading the PB. It makes sense. I am ready to change. I am excited, terrified and desperate to make this my last attempt to change my ways and achieve the one thing that has always eluded me....my ideal body weight and fitness without fad, sacrifice or damage to myself. Here I go....boots and all !

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck
    My advice is follow the book to the letter for at least 6 months before you try to tweak things
    There are lots of tweaks, so reading other threads, may confuse you

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I am 2.5 years in to primal eating and love it! I agree with Ayla - keep it simple to start. The basics work great for a lot of us
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!!!
    Definitely use the book as your guide. There are a lot of posts and posters here, but I found the book to be the bible (the primal blueprint original book, that is). One thing I forgot to do was take a "before" pic or two or three. No need to post it here, but I'd say at least take some pics. I'm so glad to see and hear of new people joining this movement. I'm convinced it is a step in the right direction.

All the best to you!!

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!
    It can be a bit hectic at the start but it will be worth it. The others are right ... reading the primal blueprint is essential -the first time i just skimmed through it and ate very high protein, moderate fat and low carb and even though i experienced positive results i went off the rails - i read the book again and saw that it is actually a higher fat, moderate protein and low carb plan and i started again about a week ago with this in mind and i must say i feel less hungry and i dont crave sweet things as much as i did before. So i wish you all the best and if (like me) you stumble bit, just keep trying you will get the hang of it and feel and look awesome.

maasa is offline Junior Member
    Thankyou all for your support, advice and encouragement. Im committed and will stick to the book. 100%. Trying to move my husband and son to Primal too but my 8 year old is struggling. Found him hugging a loaf of bread in the supermarket the other day...begging me for a sandwich Cruel to be kind for now...thats my motto for him. Hopefully he will thank me in years to come. Any advice always welcome. I have plenty of before pictures ( too many in fact!) ...cant wait to start cataloguing some progress shots. Im feeling much better but still hungry too often. Day 1 of Week 2....maybe its just mondayitis!

Mumdownunder is offline Junior Member
    He He He, love the mental picture of your son hugging a loaf of bread. Sounds like my two boys, the idea of no carbs terrifies them, but they have both made some changes and can already see the results. My eldest suffers with terrible hay fewer, but when he eats less carbs its much better. I just give them as many primal meals as possible and I make a point of not saying that it is. It quickly becomes "normal". They still have potatoes and rice, but definitely no pasta etc.
    The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
    Thomas Carlyle