Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm ok with Vegans until........ page

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member

I'm ok with Vegans until........

Shop Now
    They say it is healthy. I am all good with the ethical side of Vegan. It is when they tell me it is healthy is where I have a problem and then it get's into the debate that I am well prepared for. I go into genetic expression, then how we have adapted, then what it has done for me/wife, my blood work changes....... eventually the get frustrated and I get called a name or unethical.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    There's also the development of our large brain and simultaneously reduced gut size....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    What's so ethical about it? Plenty of creatures die to feed them too. Arguing isn't going to do any good so why bother. They're convinced they have found the perfect human diet. More bacon for us!
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    The stress of arguing with a vegan will eventually lead to your early demise. Walk away from it and do your own thing.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    LOL....debate is fun for me and the get so riled up it's just hard for me to resist!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Zombies like vegans better than they like omnivores. They don't even mind if the vegans eat grain or soy. Be nice to vegans; they may be the next food source.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    It CAN be healthy if done with whole foods. Vegan only means no animal products, so it can essentially be done with french fries and soda.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Well, I never really became vegetarian or vegan, but I love animals and had the moral dilemma - do we eat our friends? So for myself I answered it something like this. We don't eat creatures with whom we have close emotional contact, like dogs, cats, parrots, etc. Farm animals we have to treat good while they live. But there is nothing wrong to eat the meat and use the skins after they are dead. This is not an ideal world and lots has to be done about human treatment of those farm animals. I don't think we really need fox fur or mink coats, there are good quality and morally acceptable alternatives to that.
    We did not evolve into absolute herbavoires, maybe we could, but we did not. Why, we could be like horses - eat tons of grass, be strong, fast, beautiful! We are diferent wether we like it or not. Going against it harms us.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin17 View Post
    eventually the get frustrated and I get called a name or unethical.
    I would not be able to stand talking to a person who starts calling names because they can't discuss things intelligently. (Not to imply that vegan aren't intelligent, rather, I expect people who want to have a debate to use facts, not name calling.) Congrats to you for keeping your cool! Fortunately, the only vegan I know is very well educated and very polite. We talk about diet now and then, but we've just agreed to do our own thing. She'll even bring treats in every once in a while, and she's nice enough to at least make them gluten free for me.

cobalamin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin17 View Post
    They say it is healthy. I am all good with the ethical side of Vegan. It is when they tell me it is healthy is where I have a problem and then it get's into the debate that I am well prepared for. I go into genetic expression, then how we have adapted, then what it has done for me/wife, my blood work changes....... eventually the get frustrated and I get called a name or unethical.
    Everyone keeps talking about genetic expression and I'm curious to read these scientific articles on meat consumption causing positive genetic expression. Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    There's also the development of our large brain and simultaneously reduced gut size....
    Can I see the PROOF that our gut size reduced in size? Do you have the intestines of an early Hominini?

Its more likely that our gut size has been shorter all along and this limited physical feeding niche pushed us indirectly to survive.

A lot of woo woo and no concrete scientific evidence.
    Last edited by cobalamin; 01-16-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast