Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm ok with Vegans until........ page 8

cobalamin is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Are you sure its not the type of dog and whether its neutered or not that is the problem?

I don't believe abuse creates aggressive dogs. Physical abuse would create a dog that is scared of their owner.

Bestiality is a sick & twisted "human" act.
    Exactly. - That is really sick behavior by the guy, he should go to jail however dogs pose more problems than these rare horrific incidences.

Isn't it enough reason to get rid of the pets based on the fact that most owners don't pick up their dog's feces because they feel degraded picking up warm poop of another specie and holding it in their hands?

Vegans have a point about eating the cow and keeping the dog. I say, lets eat them both!

Pets are not humans, should not be treated like humans and should not co-exist with us.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalamin View Post
    Isn't it enough reason to get rid of the pets based on the fact that most owners don't pick up their dog's feces because they feel degraded picking up warm poop of another specie and holding it in their hands?
    Well, most parents do not pick up after their children (in public places/restaurants/etc), children are always sick, and they bite. Should we eliminate them too?

As for dogs, cats, whatever, yeah, I would eat it. I may not eat it more than once. It depends how it tastes/cost/ease of preparation etc.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Just wow.

Do the words Lithium or Depakote mean anything to you? How about Olanzapine or Risperidone?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Abusing the dog, beating the dog, perposly teaching the dog to bite so they can strut down the road with their big bad dog and terrorize the neighborhood.
    Having seen some of the unbelievable abuse people have heaped on there "supposedly loved" pets... well lets just say its not the dogs that should be put down.
    Feeding raw meat does not cause aggression. I have seen behavior issues due to grain based diets wich dogs were never designed to eat. ( mostly hyper behavior)
    My dogs eat a raw diet.. you could stick your hand in my 170lb mastiffs mouth and he will just try to spit it out.. (he would however tear you apart if you were to attack me.)

Bestiality is a sick & twisted "human" act.
    There was a case here about 6 months ago of a guy who raped his "beloved pet" female puppy. the dog was left with massive internal bleeding & damage. Im not sure that she survived.. explain to me how that is the dogs fault?
    I have ideas about what should be done to people who abuse Animals & children.. they involve petrol & a match
    Exactly, Dino.

Are you sure its not the type of dog and whether its neutered or not that is the problem?
    I don't believe abuse creates aggressive dogs. Physical abuse would create a dog that is scared of their owner.

Exactly. - That is really sick behavior by the guy, he should go to jail however dogs pose more problems than these rare horrific incidences.

Pets are not humans, should not be treated like humans and should not co-exist with us.
    Yes, pets should be neutered. Most are. Yes, humans should pick up after their pets. We have laws saying they must. If they don't, AGAIN, how is that the animals' fault? I don't feel degraded when I pick up after my dog any more than I do when I flush the toilet. Poop is poop. Not that big a deal which species it comes from.

You have obviously never known what it is like to have a loving symbiotic relationship with an animal. I feel sorry for you that your world is so cold.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Do the words Lithium or Depakote mean anything to you? How about Olanzapine or Risperidone?
    No sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, most parents do not pick up after their children (in public places/restaurants/etc), children are always sick, and they bite. Should we eliminate them too?
    You can when they poop in the streets and pose danger to life. Seriously, people need to learn to be upfront when there is a problem in public places. Too much passive behavior and bad behavior being awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Nope but I'm sure they have horrible side effects. Vitamin A from greens works better.

Yes, pets should be neutered. Most are. Yes, humans should pick up after their pets. We have laws saying they must. If they don't, AGAIN, how is that the animals' fault? I don't feel degraded when I pick up after my dog any more than I do when I flush the toilet. Poop is poop. Not that big a deal which species it comes from.

You have obviously never known what it is like to have a loving symbiotic relationship with an animal. I feel sorry for you that your world is so cold.
    You didn't answer my question. Go back and re-read it.

If people don't pick up the dog's poop, its makes a very strong point that humans don't want dogs on a subconscious level to co-exist with us.

Domesticating dogs and picking up their poop = madness.

Why have a relationship with a dog when having one with the opposite sex is on a level one can never place into words.
    Last edited by cobalamin; 01-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I saw a documentary a couple of years ago that stated that dogs have been domesticated for so long that they "emotionally" never really get past adolescence. So, if most dogs are really "children," it would stand to reason that bad behavior is on the shoulders of the owner. Of course some people don't raise their children well either.

Having been fortunate enough to have lived with a few dogs from a chihuahua to a big old German shepard, and even an old mutt who'd been abandoned (so I didn't do the puppy training), I will say that I'd rather live with any of them than about 95% of the people I've encountered. Never a bite, never an intimidating growl, in fact except for the chewing stage puppies go through, nothing negative at all. People on the other hand, just in the name of ego are mostly just shit. When I find a person I actually like, I count myself lucky. Shit on city streets is a perfect example - not the dog's fault. It is the fault of people who feel entitled to leave their dog's waste for the rest of the community to deal with.

I would eat a dog if there was absolutely nothing else available, but it would be emotionally hard. I'd rather just have the dog as a companion. Just from the smell, I think cats would taste nasty. It's probably why you don't hear of many cultures eating them on a regular basis.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    LOL!

Train dogs well... domesticating carnivores and picking up their poop...

I want to understand what an owner does which results in an aggressive dog? Not neutering the dog? Feeding it raw meat instead of grain dog food?

Insanity is considered normal behavior. -> U.S. Waters Polluted By 10 Million Tons Of Dog Poop

Sorry, actually shouldn't jump in by quoting this nut job. Was the point in the thread where I thought this was of significance to post.

There is ample evidence that living with and working with animals and their "dirtiness" is actually associated with better health. Less asthma and allergies particularly. This ties in nicely with what is now called the "Old friends hypothesis" :

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.b2I&cad=rja

So if you wanna keep your kids healthy get some pets
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-18-2013 at 07:01 PM.

@Neckhammer

I grew up with dogs because my spoiled brat brother begged the woman who gave birth to me for them and got stuck taking care of them cause I have a conscience. Its healthier to live with them? Insanity. I had acne and fulblown bacne until I got far away from them dogs.

Asthma is caused by air pollution. Get away from the city if you want health.

Correction: So if you wanna keep your kids healthy kill some pets
    Last edited by cobalamin; 01-18-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    ^Hey, not gonna knock your N=1 but just for fun could you think of about 100 other things you likely changed along with moving out of your house that may confound blaming the dog for your acne?

No argument on the air pollution bit.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast