Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm ok with Vegans until........ page 6

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Plus, many animals, birds and insects die to produce veggies, even organic farms patrol for deer and shoot them, not to mention the tying up of land for veggies at the expense of habitat. then farm machines, don't get me started on those. Grass-fed animals do not suffer but thrive as they help keep grassland flourishing and all the critters that live in a grassland habitat. I would rather be a grassfed cow than a rabbit chopped up in a farm machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Quinoa. Because the suffering of animals is more upsetting than the suffering of humans. Especially brown humans.

Can vegans stomach the unpalatable truth about quinoa? | Joanna Blythman | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

patrickh is offline Member
    cobalamin, you do realize that a serving of liver provides about 10x your daily b12 requirements, right? Shellfish are also high in b12.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalamin View Post
    *cough* vitamin B12 *cough*...Not enough B12 in meat to meet our requirements. Those are the facts.
    No, those are not facts. That is a wild claim with no citations or backup whatsoever.

- I don't see a difference between paleo/primal and vegans.
    I don't see a difference between you and a tuna salad sandwich. Except the tuna salad sandwich doesn't make wild unsupported claims.

One group is far right and the other is far left. I'm right in the middle since I know how we make our own B12.
    Yet you continue to opt out of enlightening us poor souls.

The vegan point about killing cows and keeping dogs/cats as pets is true. Wouldn't you guys rather kill dogs for food; with all the shit on the streets and dogs biting humans?
    Wait, what?! I'd willingly eat a dog or a cow. I just don't know where to get clean dog steaks. Not sure what point you and the vegans are making here. The huge "gotcha!" moment has failed to materialize for me.

cobalamin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickh View Post
    cobalamin, you do realize that a serving of liver provides about 10x your daily b12 requirements, right? Shellfish are also high in b12.
    Being narrowminded is the same type of mentality YogaBare is talking about. Do the math. Is there enough liver/shellfish to fulfill everyone's requirements? Does everyone have the transport proteins in their saliva to absorb B12 from food? No.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Being narrowminded is the same type of mentality YogaBare is talking about. Do the math. Is there enough liver/shellfish to fulfill everyone's requirements? Does everyone have the transport proteins in their saliva to absorb B12 from food? No.
    Umm... how is there a correlation between what I said and someone discussing dietary sources of b12?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Just to throw this out there for amusement, when I was vegan, I often heard other vegans tell me that I could get plenty of B-12 if I didn't wash my potatoes and carrots before I ate them.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

cobalamin is offline Member
    I don't see a difference between you and a tuna salad sandwich. Except the tuna salad sandwich doesn't make wild unsupported claims.
    Hahaha. Read post above.

Yet you continue to opt out of enlightening us poor souls.
    You think you're a genius. Figure it out. I don't spoon feed people.

Wait, what?! I'd willingly eat a dog or a cow. I just don't know where to get clean dog steaks. Not sure what point you and the vegans are making here. The huge "gotcha!" moment has failed to materialize for me.
    Dogs/cats have rights.You can't eat them. Who should we thank for that?

Quote Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
    Just to throw this out there for amusement, when I was vegan, I often heard other vegans tell me that I could get plenty of B-12 if I didn't wash my potatoes and carrots before I ate them.
    Its nonsense since bacteria require vitamin B5 and amino acids to produce vitamin B12 which are not found on plants. Plus vitamin b12 gets destroyed by UV light.
    Last edited by cobalamin; 01-18-2013 at 12:29 PM.

This is irrelevant. You claimed you couldn't source sufficient amounts from meat, and you were wrong. Your stomach produces IF from your parietal cells to transport b12, so you're wrong about that as well. As far as there being enough liver in the world, you're just pulling that out of your butt.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Being narrowminded is the same type of mentality YogaBare is talking about. Do the math. Is there enough liver/shellfish to fulfill everyone's requirements?
    There's pounds and pounds of liver in my freezer. What's your point again?

Does everyone have the transport proteins in their saliva to absorb B12 from food? No.
    A. citation needed B. relevance to your argument(s) SERIOUSLY needed

RichHahogany,

He's pulling this stuff out of his ass. Your stomach makes IF which transports B12. This complex is then absorbed in the terminal ileum. He obviously doesn't know how the process works, despite naming himself after the very vitamin he doesn't understand.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast