Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm ok with Vegans until........ page 2

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Check out this dude. As far as I can tell he is a vegan and looks very healthy.

Vegan : Featured Athlete Frank Lalanne Video by Calisthenics
    However I don't think is the typical vegan stereotype. Most I have met just look ill.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    If we speared and ate all the vegans we'd cut down on monocultural soya and grain fields with their pesticides, loss of biodiversity, fertilizer pollution, soil depletion, etc, etc.

Save the planet, spear a vegan.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    If we speared and ate all the vegans we'd cut down on monocultural soya and grain fields with their pesticides, loss of biodiversity, fertilizer pollution, soil depletion, etc, etc.

Save the planet, spear a vegan.
    What's the n-6:n-3 ratio of industrial vegans?

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Supplement with cod liver oil to be on the safe side.

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    Check out this dude. As far as I can tell he is a vegan and looks very healthy.

Vegan : Featured Athlete Frank Lalanne Video by Calisthenics
    However I don't think is the typical vegan stereotype. Most I have met just look ill.
    He states he's been Vegan for 4 months. I wonder what he was before. There's no way he just started getting stronger and cut like that just after 4 months.

Also, why do people seem to point out that we don't eat certain animals due to ethical reasons? There are cultures that eat dogs, cats, horses, goats, squirrels, various birds, rats, beaver, bears, and other creatures that would be considered cute and adorable. I'm against killing them for sport, but if you're going to eat them, then you may as well use all the parts including the fur/skin. Native Americans used every part of their kills for some purpose because they believed the animal spirit would not be able to rest if they didn't respect the life force of the animal by doing so.

It somewhat amuses me that Vegetarianism and Veganism have become more common place in a society where there's such a disconnect with the food we eat. I'm sure it would not be so prevalent if food were hard to come by and we had to hunt and care for our food. The only predator on the face of the planet that would choose to starve rather than kill an animal is a human. Yet plants are alive when you eat them (unless you cook them). Who's ethical now?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Back when I was a vegan, I hated that whole argument that I was "killing plants".

I think I would have found it much more educational, and relevant, if anyone who cared to argue with me (believe me, I was the target of quite a bit of anti-vegan rhetoric over the years) would have gone with evolution, and adaptation, and the observable effects of using grains as a major food source, rather than trying to convince me that eating broccoli was as "cruel" as eating bambie.

While I was in the vegan/raw vegan camp, I began to get a clue when I kept seeing people pushing more and more supplements, and some pretty far out ones at that, to address issues that just plain food should solve.

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    What's so ethical about it? Plenty of creatures die to feed them too. Arguing isn't going to do any good so why bother. They're convinced they have found the perfect human diet. More bacon for us!
    Okay, I have to admit that this struck me as ironic as heck Not that I disagree with you, but it is kinda funny...

--Me

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    and the observable effects of using grains as a major food source, rather than trying to convince me that eating broccoli was as "cruel" as eating bambie.[sic]
    Lierre Keith did a really good job in The Vegetarian Myth pointing out that plants are made of dead animals. NPK and all that. Neither act (eating a Bambi that grew from grass nor eating a spinach that grew from dead Bambis) is cruel. Both should be as spiritual an act as we can muster, although that's hard when we're so far disconnected from what we eat. It's great that a lot of us buy from local farms and get to see the animals that nourish us, but it doesn't lend itself, in my opinion, to the same reverence and appreciation as killing with ones own hands.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I've raised turkeys for meat the past couple of years and thank them for their sacrifice when we kill them. I know that they had a good life with lots of treats ( turkeys love watermelon and dandelions) and running around flapping in the sunshine. I used to be a veg as I do believe that animals have a spirit. Now I believe that means treat them well. A happy animal tastes better

cobalamin is offline Member
    Lierre Keith talks woo woo crap to fit her viewpoint.

People without an education in bacteriology and biochemistry should not go around telling lies on how the human body works.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast