Thread: Hello everyone from yet another Newbie! page

paleodog is online now Member

Hello everyone from yet another Newbie!

Primal Fuel
    This is my second week of adhering strictly to the Paleo lifestyle and I was truly sceptical. But not anymore. After 2-weeks I have lost almost 5 pounds, have a MUCH better attitude about everything, and take part in far fewer interpersonal conflicts. I think one of the greatest changes I have noticed honestly, is my mood and outlook. I have only been eating fish, pork and chicken and fresh veggies.

I have completely cut out all grains, breads, sugars, etc. (yes the first week was tough for me), and this week I have given up wine (the only alcohol I drink.) It will be interesting to see where this all goes but I am committed and hopeful. I was a constant eater of sweets, patries and cereals so it is a massive shift for me. For breakfast I have been eating simple omelletes with spinach, etc. I either skip lunch or just do salad or almonds.

I am a competitive road cyclist and train right up to the 75% H.R. (sometimes beyond) and typically will burn 1500-3000 calories per workout depending on what I am working on. I have noticed a reduction in endurance at intensity and that's fine. I know that once my fat-burning abilities up-regulate that will get better. I have however noticed greater power output (wattage) during some efforts. look forward to posting more interesting observations as they come up. I started out at a weight of 158 pounds and now at around 154-153. Not really trying to lose weight, just feel better and be healthier so that's cool! It will make me a faster climber. I limit my carbs to less than 100 mg.

Thanks Mark for sharing this insite with the world. I am so glad I found your book!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Once you are switched to being a fat burner, you will probably do fine adding carbs before, during or after events. Good luck.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.