Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cutting the Fat-Neanderthal style page 2

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by helenwicox1 View Post
    I can't handle this feeling.

Could it be? My very first troll? Well Golly Gee!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I'm not sure about the melatonin for me either. I have a friend who takes it for anxiety and she swears by it. It does multiple things in the body and if you have enough of it, then maybe more messes you up. Almost everyone is low on Mag though, and many people have found a calming effect from it.
    Yeah, I may look into adding in some Magnesium, probably wouldn't hurt. I'd be willing to be without fail that I am low on it. I'm pretty sure there is some of it in the mineral water that I drink, but probably not enough to make a different so much. Thanks again!

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you are the only one who gets stressed out by a nagging Wii Fit. I wonder if there is a way to turn off that part of the Wii Fit program? Some sort of patch you could download to block it? I do not have a Wii Fit nor am I a computer programer, but it sounds possible. Like when you get an expansion pack for a game?
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Adventures of Day Three

Well hello day three!

Sleep

Sleep left a lot to be desired, lots of tossing and turning, strange dreams and too many times waking up. Still experiencing that odd feeling in the pit of my stomach which tends to keep me awake. Weird. Ended up dreaming about lots of mass carnage, I always find it weird when I see myself in my dreams too, apparently not many people see themselves in their dreams

Mood

Crazy high energy, I'm not sure what to account to it, but hey I'll take it. I've been reading about how a lot of people experience "carb flu" and in the back of my mind I'm dreading that this is the calm before the storm. Does everyone experience the carb flu? I'm enjoying the extra energy for sure though!

Food

I've been having some food cravings today, but I negotiated with myself that if after I ate a good dinner that if I still needed what I was craving that maybe I would indulge. Well it ends up that the cravings go away.

I really don't notice when I'm hungry which is strange, the biggest indicator that i have right now is that once the high energy feeling goes away it means that I need to eat something and like the flip of a switch the high energy is right back. Again strange.

Odd Points

1. It seems that I don't pee as much as I used to, maybe caffeine isn't good for me
    2. After eating my stomach will hurt (not a too full kind of hurt) and almost feels like a bought of diarrhea is coming, yet it doesn't and the feeling typically goes away after 20 minutes or so.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your body is adjusting to eating this way. Everyone is a little different. I didn't have and carb flu either and just felt lots better. For me, I think my blood sugar was all over the place before cutting our grains. Many of us had undiagnosed digestion issues like leaky gut. What you are feeling may actually be your gut healing as it learns to digest real food - at least that is what I'm hoping for you!

Day 5, Sans 4

Well I neglected to post yesterday, naughty naughty.

Which makes today day 5? Yikes! I'm actually doing this!

I've been noticing a few interesting things by simply changing how I eat. The first thing is that normally if I have money in my wallet I am compelled to spend it on junk food, its like the mind wallet connection, "I have money, need junk food" well I've had money in my wallet for days now and I haven't even bat an eyelash towards spending it. WIN!

Normally grocery stores are a scary place for me, being that I never really can seem to just go in and buy what I came in for and then leave without buying some form of junk food, well yesterday I put it to the test and bought the one thing I needed and didn't even think twice about buying anything else. WIN!

Could it be that allowing paleo into my life will teach me how to correctly manage my money? Time will tell, but it's looking like a WIN! I will be utterly excited if that is the case, because money management isn't exactly my friend it seems.

Sleep seems to maybe be getting a little better...maybe. It's yet to be decided, although I'm dreaming all sorts of odd dreams now which is strange.

One other goal for the outcome of Paleo living is that I will learn how to cook, and how to cook well. So far I'm enjoying the process and can only hope that it continues.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Okay so Ive been trying to remind myself to write this post and I've finally decided to hunker down and do it.

2009 was a crazy year. I had finally ended things with the crazy, bitter, abusive boyfriend (it was one of those off and on kind of things where I'd leave, come back, etc. Unfortunately I was one of those women that thought that I could change a guy...bleh) The long and short of it was that one night I had woken up to him holding a gun against my head.

Anyways, shortly after living him I had went to the bar with some "friends" and probably drank way more than I should have. We apparently decided that we were going to stop and get some food, and this is where my night started to get very fuzzy. I was told that I started feeling sick and that I decided to stay in the car while my "friends" went and got something to eat. Well the long and sort of it was that I was found outside of the car having some sort of seizure like episode in the parking lot. Needless to say an ambulance was called, a fire truck, and police cars. Joyful.

So I'm hauled off to the hospital, they are unable to wake me up for something ridiculous like 14 hours, and I keep on having these seizure like episodes while I sleep and I continously grew more and more aggitated as I was comming out of it. The hospital ran tests and the best that they could tell me was that alcohol was not a cause but it probably triggered the seizure like episodes. They said I definitely don't have seizures its just that they are seizure like and that they should stop. Well the four and a half days that I was there the episodes continued, I was accused of being an alcoholic and that I was going through something called DT (I think thats what they called it, then the reverted back to the original diagnoises of seizure like episodes. Its always fun to be accused of being an alcoholic. Good times.

I get out of the hospital, the episodes are still happening every now and then, and I decided that its time that maybe I look into some therapy, and it was through a year and a half of therapy and many panic attacks, disassociation, and sleep episodes that it is revealed that I have post traumatic stress disorder. I guess that diagnoises at least makes sense. But still its a bitch to deal with, and I can't even begin to count the number of failed relationships because I'm scary......lol

Day Six

So one other goal that I'm looking to meet with eating paleo is to cure my ecezema. I think the main cause of it is that my skin tends to be pretty dry and in return itchy. Lotions and such tend to make me more itchy. With six days in I was hopping that maybe I would start seeing a change in regards to the itch factor, but its not looking that way. Any thoughts as how to beat this annoyance?

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My understanding is that eczema is an immune response. As such, it may take a while to calm your system down. Do you still eat dairy? For some this can be a problem also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    My understanding is that eczema is an immune response. As such, it may take a while to calm your system down. Do you still eat dairy? For some this can be a problem also.
    Out of this week, I've had dairy once which consisted of less than an ounce of raw milk cheese. Not sure if that is enough to make a difference or not?

actually I take that back, I did have some creme fraiche too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast