Through various periods of off and on primal eating I've lost 15 lbs since May 29, 2012. There are serious chunks of time where I completely abandoned the lifestyle and went back to my old ways which is why I still stand at only 15 lbs down. At one point I had gone from 275 lbs down to 249 lbs, but for whatever reason started shoving bread in my face again.

15 lbs in 6 months is not going to cut it anymore. I need to adopt the Primal way of eating as a permanent lifestyle change, because, well, it makes complete sense to me. I actually agree with the science behind it and know how I feel while I am doing it. So there it is, back on Primal.

I find myself at 260 lbs this morning and will consider today my new Day 1. A fresh start. A clean slate. Time to cut out the grains, dairy, and processed foods. No more diet soda for this guy.

I'm about 1/3 the way through reading "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson and plan on finishing it sometime this week. I want to make sure I understand completely what I should be doing, although I think I have a pretty good understanding.

I hope to post daily here in my primal journal throughout my journey.