Thread: Medical Steroids page

K-Diss-RA is offline Junior Member

Smile Medical Steroids

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey,
    I'm a 27 year old female, I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 9 years.
    After 2 years of my wonderful sister advising primal I have finally started! 2 weeks in and I'm not feeling the benefit just yet.
    I am in a bit of a black hole at the moment and have been prescribed to take steroids to help with this awful flare up (hopefully only for 1 month). Now I am petrified of piling on the lbs due to the drugs and the inability to exercise efficiently enough for the time being.
    Is sticking to primal the best thing?
    Should I be cutting down on anything specific that is primal based?
    Should my food intake be halted or do I submit to the hunger that the steroids cause?

Hope anyone can help and I would appreciate any advise.
    Thank you for your time.
    Kirsty

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    How are you doing with the diet and your condition?

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I think sticking with primal foods will only help. I'm not sure how you can avoid not submitting to the hunger the steroids cause, it's very powerful. My son was on a high dose for about 5 months and he gained weight. He wasn't fully primal at the time (he is mostly now) he lost all the weight easily when he went off the steroids and started eating more strictly primal, he also started working out. He says the next time he has to take steroids, he will stick to primal foods. I'm not sure it will affect how much weight he gains but eating grains is definitely not good for inflammation.