Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non egg/meat b-fast idea page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i dunno your food preferences, so here's this

Vegetables - chowstalker
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.

Nanci is offline Member
    North Central Florida
    I like tomatoes, a little bit of mozzarella cheese basil, balsamic vinegar, and little rolls of smoked salmon.

peropett is offline Junior Member
    try an apple with almond butter, or berries and cream.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Ontario, Canada
    I made a lovely paleo smoothie the other morning. A frozen banana, an egg, a spoonful of good cocoa, about half a cup of coconut milk and about half a cup of water. Blended smooth - yummy!

I buy the almost over-ripe bananas for super cheap, peel them all and layer them flat in a ziplock bag in the freezer. They are easy to get out one at a time.

waterjen is offline Member
    Learn More
    Man oh man am I happy to see some ideas here... First let me say I typically don't eat brekkie on days when I work in the office because it just takes me several hours to even get hungry once I wake up. So I usually have an early lunch in the office. Of leftovers, typically.
    Sometimes I will just need something but don't have the time to make brekkie or want to mess with leftovers -- that's when I usually heat up some broth and take it to sip on my commute.
    But brekkie at home is another story. Sometimes I eat leftovers, but when I'm at home and have the time and inclination to get in the kitchen and whip something up, I tend to stick with old reliable -- eggs and bacon. This last weekend, I had a moment, as I was diving into my second egg, when I thought -- OK, had enough, don't think I can tolerate another bite of eggs. The puppy benefitted. I think I've just been too monotonous in my egg choices for my weekend brekkies (I fall back on the no-muss, no-fuss scrambled egg). The next day, I just had bacon and half a grapefruit, NO eggs, and that held me fine until lunch. But now I'm thinking about what I might have for brekkie this coming weekend. So, again, thanks for the ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12