Thread: Ratios??? page

Tnail is offline Junior Member

Ratios???

Primal Fuel
    I do not know what my ratios should be, my main goal right now is to loose some weight and build muscle. I am working out and eating PB, but i just dont know what my ratios should be. Thanks

You will want your ratios to stay fairly consistent with a minimum of 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% or less from carbs. Since you are trying to loose weight keep carbs below 100g, and protein at 1-1.3g per lean pound of body weight. Round out the rest of you diet with PB fats...

Griff is offline Senior Member
    What kansascitysteve said, and a caveat: if you want to drop carbs further, increase fats in response, not protein.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Sterling is offline Member
    Make protein your base. 45-55% protein, 30-40% fat, 10-25% carbs are probably the most efficient ratios for losing weight, specifically body fat. But you need to make sure that your calorie use is exceeding your calorie need. A very basic rule is 10-12 calories/lb to lose weight.

ok great thank you. that is more or less what i have been doing with the information i have found on the forum. Just good to know that im on the right track.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    ^ so - which one of the recommendations do you prefer? One was high protein, the other one was high fat. Personally, I'd go with the latter - don't eat too much protein, since your body can convert excess protein to glucose (carbs). In a nutshell: Eat few carbs, adequate protein and quite some fat. I would recommend something along 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60% fat, with protein around 150gr/day if you're a tall man who is working out regularly ... a bit less if you're smaller and working out less, a bit more if your first name is Arnold. ;-)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I workout at least five days a week (crossfit style) My protein may be alittle high and not enough fat. Not sure really what fats i need to be eating. Thanks