Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't this working? page

Kelly Grok is offline Junior Member

Why isn't this working?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love the idea of this lifestyle. It just feels "right." However, I have been at this fairly diligently for two weeks now, and the scale hasn't budged. Any suggestions for a newbie?

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Grok View Post
    I love the idea of this lifestyle. It just feels "right." However, I have been at this fairly diligently for two weeks now, and the scale hasn't budged. Any suggestions for a newbie?
    Give it time

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    The scales isn't how you should measure yourself. The scales could stay the same even though you've lost fat, but potential muscle gain could 'counter' this loss.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Have you picked up anything heavy yet?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    sigh

what did you expect?

are you a supermodel who is looking for a miniscule change or a blimp looking to deflate?

did you read the book?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I am assuming it took you more than 2 weeks to put on the weight? Give yourself a reasonable amount of time to take it off. Also, are you sleeping better, more energy, less anxious? I am sure if you review, there will be at least one benefit from Primal lifestyle. Remember is goes beyond food and weight. If you haven't read the book, you really should. It is a quick 2-3 day read, to get the gist. Then you can go back to study as needed.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of changes that may need to take place in your body before it starts to really let go of weight. Consider also that you may have lost fat and be remineralizing bones, improving muscle structure etc.

Start measuring your waist. Just do it exactly the same every time.

I've been eating (mostly) this way since Nov 2012. I have lost about 35 lbs. I still have about 10-13 lbs to go. It has come off very very slow, but as time goes on there is a lb here a lb there.. Most people don't lose it fast.. usually if you are very very overweight, you have more chances of a fast loss, slowing as you near your goal. Be sure you aren't eating too many carbs, 50-100 is weight loss range, 100-150 is maintenance range. And some of us are just slow losers no matter what.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-15-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Kelly, I agree you should see a weight change from removing the junk from your diet. I suggest tracking calories so you have an idea how much you are eating. Do still weigh yourself but also measure.

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Have patience. I think, as a society as a whole and especially as women, we are conditioned to expect instant results. But achieving your optimal weight and health is a process that will take time. Have patience with the process and patience with yourself.

Men generally see faster results than women, but many women can and do see weight loss results by eating and living primal.

I was 117 (PMS weight) when I started primal. It took me three months to get down to 102 (I'm very short with a small frame... that's a good weight for me.) Fifteen pounds in three months doesn't sound like much compared to some "quick loss" diets, but I sustained that weight within a pound or two without any problem AT ALL (until I got preggers).

It takes time. It takes patience. And it may take some tweaking of your diet/exercise program. But don't worry. If you're diligent and focused and committed, it will happen.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Kelly Grok is offline Junior Member
    Thanks all for the feedback. I only have about 10-15lbs to loose, so I guess it will come off slowly. I am so used to the fad diets where you have immediate results in the first week. Perhaps its a good thing then that this is going slow!

I am sleeping better and generally feeling more full throughout the day - no 3 pm rush to the vending machine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast