Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't this working? page 2

Kelly Grok is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    AND, I think I am addicted to the macademia nuts in my desk drawer. I may need to put those out of arm's reach.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Grok View Post
    AND, I think I am addicted to the macademia nuts in my desk drawer. I may need to put those out of arm's reach.
    10-15lbs is the tough part. calories count, it's not automatic at this stage. step away from the mac nuts.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all for the feedback. I only have about 10-15lbs to loose, so I guess it will come off slowly. I am so used to the fad diets where you have immediate results in the first week. Perhaps its a good thing then that this is going slow!

I am sleeping better and generally feeling more full throughout the day - no 3 pm rush to the vending machine!
    Sorry but those 10-15 pound people are generally not helped much by this diet. It is not a weight loss diet. It is a health-improvement diet.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    10-15lbs is the tough part. calories count, it's not automatic at this stage. step away from the mac nuts.
    Yeah. It's just going to have to be a regular calorie-counting diet for you. The good news is that if you really do stop trying to be a low-fat, chicken breast, broccoli and greek yogurt eater you will actually gain amazing health. Step away from the macadamias.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    It took me at least 6 months, if not longer, to lose 15 pounds. The first few months, I wasn't strict primal. I didn't track my measurements either (ever). I finally buckled down and lost the last 5 in the 6th month.

If you are feeling better, that is key. Changing your physical routines (work-out or activity level) will likely have a great impact on your physique given how little fat you want to lose.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

lev96 is offline Member
    With Macadamia nuts being your snack of choice, it reminded me of a funny thread from a couple years ago titled, "Are My Nuts Making Me Fat?" I suggest you read it, then giggle childishly, then monitor your nut intake.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread18553.html

Also, with just 10-15 lbs as a goal, I agree with others that it may take a little more time to see results. Take comfort in the fact that you state you are feeling better even at this stage. If you are like most people when you started on the primal lifestyle (don't think of it as a diet) you started eating more nutritionally (and calorically) dense foods. Therefore, if you are still eating the same volume of food, that could hold you back too. If you really want to lose weight, listen to your body and try to learn when you start to feel satisfied with a lesser volume. But, don't rush that stage - it should come naturally over time.

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    If you're down to 10-15 pounds, you may also benefit from Intermittent Fasting. It worked for me to shave off those last few pounds.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Two weeks is just the time it takes (in average) to switch from the carbs burning metabolism to that of fats.

You have reduced sugars, did you increase your fat intake? This is a common error people do, not eating enough fats.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating them for any reason other than hunger, then its food your body didn't ask for. This might be a clue to those extra 10lb.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I love the idea of this lifestyle. It just feels "right." However, I have been at this fairly diligently for two weeks now, and the scale hasn't budged. Any suggestions for a newbie?
    Have you tried 90% for 6 weeks? And not just eating. How about 90% compliance to the whole Blueprint?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I recently lost 10 lbs. in four weeks, and went down from 12 % to 8 % of bodyfat, so it doesn't need to be a fight for years to take off the last amount of stubborn bodyfat either, it all depends on the set-up of the diet and exercise...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast