Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just don'r FEEL like meat/eggs etc page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

I just don'r FEEL like meat/eggs etc

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been "primal" for a couple of years, and made effort to eat low carb for years (I grew up in a Zone-Diet household)
    I would like to loose about 10lbs (currently 5'7", 135) but every time I try to do what I've always done (cut our all starch and most fruit and nuts) I feel really unsatisfied, and crave anything I am not "supposed" to have and end up throwing in the towel. Then often go the other direction and over do-it on carbs and nuts and honey and all other sorts of deliciousness.

I don't eat gluten or dairy (intolerant to them) but I feel like all I want to eat is tahini, nuts, bananas and rice with lots of butter. I just ate a salad for lunch with hb egg, left over steak, beets and vinaigrette- and didn't enjoy it and then found myself reaching for other stuff that DID sound good!

Any insight as to why I am turned off to my normal diet? Has this happened to you? What do I do?? Can I loose weight without cutting carbs?

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    With your height it sounds like you are already pretty lean so are you sure you need to lose weight? No point focusing on a number and feeling miserable, how about not worrying about it and not be afraid of adding a few more carbs? I lost most of my weight low carb but as I am getting quite lean I have successfully re-introduced potatoes and sweet potatoes into my diet and I feel great.
    Where's Choco when we need him?

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I agree, sounds like you are a good size already. We just have to not let our "crazy" creep in and derail us. Sounds like the things you are craving are reasonably primal, so you may just need to lightly indulge. You could tweak your workouts if you are feeling less than fit.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    At 5'6" and 135 lbs, I was miserable. It's not huge, I was a size 6, and I still am, at 120 lbs, but 10 lbs can mean a lot to different body types.

I feel like since you are presumably very close to your goal physique, you might want to think in terms of workouts instead of nutrition. Eat what you need, listen to your body, and change up your workout routine, or introduce one if you haven't (and assuming that you can).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Aimlow don't cut out all those carbs if you know that you usually crave and then give up. Decrease your portions instead. Track calories for a bit so you know at what level of calories you start losing.

Thanks everyone for the input. Like namelesswonder said, I don't feel great at this weight- I am small boned so I do def have some extra pudge. I'm healthy, just vain
    I think I need to relearn how to eat for weight loss.... low low carb just isn't working, but neither is bunches of bananas and handfuls of nuts!
    Anyone have an example of a primal, not so low carb way of eating? I love my fruit, don't care much about potatoes and sw potatoes!

Zach is offline Banned
    More fruit, less fat. Also add some muscle, you will look better without having to lose fat.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Here are some example meals from my non-low-carb eating lately:

Chicken soup! Carrots, potatoes and mushrooms for the veggies.

Breakfast muffin in a bowl: Nuke a sweet potato about the same size as a banana. Scrape the flesh into a bowl. Scoop a heaping spoonful of almond butter. Mash up. Add one egg and mash up more. Add pumpkin pie spices to taste (I just wing it with cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg). Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. This comes out dry and not very sweet. If you like it more sweet, drizzle honey all over it. Another alternative is to use a banana instead of a sweet potato, but I kinda like the bready texture of the potato. Another alternative is to add a heaping spoonful of cocoa powder instead of pumpkin pie spice and you can melt a square of super dark chocolate in the middle, too. Or goat cheese. Mmmm.

Can of salmon or chicken over a big baked potato. White, sweet, whatever. Add mustard. Pretty bland and boring but all ingredients can be stored and prepared in an office with a can opener, microwave and a bin of free mustard packets.

Guilty pleasure treats: Go to the hippie-dippie health food store and look in the raw vegan refrigerator case. You may find some really yummy fake cheesecakes, chia puddings and other desserts that are really super yummy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    More fruit, less fat. Also add some muscle, you will look better without having to lose fat.
    Mmmm.... I could eat fruit all day long. Does lowering fat while increasing carbs have a positive effect?
    I do have a fair amount of muscle- lift heavy 2-3x/week, along with sprints and a couple of other runs.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Here are some example meals from my non-low-carb eating lately:

Chicken soup! Carrots, potatoes and mushrooms for the veggies.

Breakfast muffin in a bowl: Nuke a sweet potato about the same size as a banana. Scrape the flesh into a bowl. Scoop a heaping spoonful of almond butter. Mash up. Add one egg and mash up more. Add pumpkin pie spices to taste (I just wing it with cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg). Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. This comes out dry and not very sweet. If you like it more sweet, drizzle honey all over it. Another alternative is to use a banana instead of a sweet potato, but I kinda like the bready texture of the potato. Another alternative is to add a heaping spoonful of cocoa powder instead of pumpkin pie spice and you can melt a square of super dark chocolate in the middle, too. Or goat cheese. Mmmm.

Can of salmon or chicken over a big baked potato. White, sweet, whatever. Add mustard. Pretty bland and boring but all ingredients can be stored and prepared in an office with a can opener, microwave and a bin of free mustard packets.

Guilty pleasure treats: Go to the hippie-dippie health food store and look in the raw vegan refrigerator case. You may find some really yummy fake cheesecakes, chia puddings and other desserts that are really super yummy.
    Great ideas!! I will def have to give the banana mash a try.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast