Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just don'r FEEL like meat/eggs etc page 2

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think the lower light in winter triggers carb cravings. It's natural to crave them. It's up to you to decide how to handle the cravings. I give in a little, just not a lot. Last night I had Thai, Pad Vun Sen (??). It's bean curd noodles, vegetables and fried tofu. Most definitely not primal. But, like you, I really didn't feel like meat or eggs last night. I stay on plan most of the time, so the occasional cheat is no big deal.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    Mmmm.... I could eat fruit all day long. Does lowering fat while increasing carbs have a positive effect?
    I do have a fair amount of muscle- lift heavy 2-3x/week, along with sprints and a couple of other runs.
    Well you wont lose weight on a hat fat, hagh carb diet so if you up the fruit, lowering the fat would be a good idea. I do eat fruit all day though and i could easily lose weight on a high carb diet sothere is no reason to be low carb to lose weight. I also dont do well at all on a high meat diet so i keep meat and fats low and get most of my cals from fruit and dairy.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There are two sayings that I like that seem to fit this scenario:

Repression leads to obsession. (IOW, don't disallow anything to the point of obsession.)
    Everyday, once a day, give yourself a gift. (Eat some tahini if you want it.)

Yes you can lose weight without giving up carbs, but a huge increase in carbs might make you feel more hungry. If 90% of the US eats according to CW, and 50% of the US are overweight to obese, that means approximately 45% of US people are both eating high carb diets and are not overweight. For some of us, the only way to make chronic hunger go away is to eat low carb, but it doesn't hold true for everyone.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Could be that your goals are unrealistic. 5'7" 135 is a fine weight. Sure you can lose more weight but at some point in women you start hitting hormonal issues or lose more lean mass than you would like. Don't know for certain....whats your BF%?

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Yea, I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 152-155. I'm at 165 now and have some people get concerned when I mention losing more weight (I squeeze the fat on my belly to show them they are wrong). But my belly is actually pretty flat at this weight. It's just not at all toned.

But there are differences in build, if you have a very fine build I could see a lighter weight being optimal for you. But can't see you having much muscle.

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Yea, I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 152-155. I'm at 165 now and have some people get concerned when I mention losing more weight (I squeeze the fat on my belly to show them they are wrong). But my belly is actually pretty flat at this weight. It's just not at all toned.

But there are differences in build, if you have a very fine build I could see a lighter weight being optimal for you. But can't see you having much muscle.
    Well, I have small bones, broad shoulders and a lot of muscle. Quads are strong and big, arms pretty muscular, but layer of fat hides definition. I do lots of core strength, but the layer of fat over my abs hides! I've completed P90x a few months ago, starting another round this week. I'm strong and fit, but there is some extra fat hanging around that I'd like to ditch! Not to look emaciated, just leaner.

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

Well, I have small bones, broad shoulders and a lot of muscle. Quads are strong and big, arms pretty muscular, but layer of fat hides definition. I do lots of core strength, but the layer of fat over my abs hides! I've completed P90x a few months ago, starting another round this week. I'm strong and fit, but there is some extra fat hanging around that I'd like to ditch! Not to look emaciated, just leaner.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    More fruit, less fat. Also add some muscle, you will look better without having to lose fat.
    This guy is not primal, his advice probably won't work for you. Its all an experiment though.
    I know if I ate more fruit i would end up eating buckets each day

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    This guy is not primal, his advice probably won't work for you. Its all an experiment though.
    I know if I ate more fruit i would end up eating buckets each day
    Then there is something wrong with YOU, not fruit.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    If you say so Zach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast