Thread: trying to get back to better eating again page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

trying to get back to better eating again

Shop Now
    Hi all,
    I travel a lot and have also learned how to be more flexible and make my diet work for me to keep the fat off. But I get into habits that way of eating out all the time and eating what ever I want.

But now I want to try to get back to better foods again. Because I know if I do it right I can drop the fat quick. If you compare, the right foods you can eat until you feel stuffed and you'll still be low in calories.

I was inspired when a friend told me to read up on the Dukan diet. It's similar to what I have done before, but I never thought to just stick on it for more than several weeks. The thing I realize is that the author is right, although I doubt one would need to be as strict as explain. Eat lean sources of protein along with non starchy vegetables, and the fat will melt off like crazy. Also, even if you eat as much as you want, the calories will still be low, so you don't have to count.

Anyways, I started today. I'm not exactly super strict. But for dinner I had a dosen eggs, a little bit of chili, and some cottage cheese. That's probably about 2000 calories in which some of that will be knocked off due to the energy cost of digesting protein.

Anyways, I'm just going to stick to my own version. Lots of vegetables and lean proteins. Wish me luck!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    You'll need it if your avoiding good fats ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    You'll need it if your avoiding good fats ;-)
    I can get all the fats I need from meat, eggs, and fish.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    I can get all the fats I need from meat, eggs, and fish.
    Not if you eat lean meats as you stated you will. Lean meats and vegetables is a recipe for failure, and deficiency in fat soluble vitamins
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Not if you eat lean meats as you stated you will. Lean meats and vegetables is a recipe for failure, and deficiency in fat soluble vitamins
    Contrary to popular belief lean meat with lots of vegetables can work for some people. Not everyone's diet needs to be full of fat. I eat high fat, but I've seen people do well on a moderate amount of fat and carbs as long as they're getting those macros from whole foods.