Thread: Have you been on a Carnival cruise while Paleo/PHD? page

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member

Have you been on a Carnival cruise while Paleo/PHD?

Primal Fuel
    I'm going on one of those big, nasty cruise ships next month for some Vit D therapy (courtesy of my father) with my family. The only thing I have to be is GF (I have severe gluten intolerance at minimum) and the website makes it seem like no problem.

Have you ever been on one of these? How was your experience? I can handle cross-contamination but not gluten in a tiny bit of broth that the rice was cooked in. Will it be a nightmare?

Thanks!

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    If they say they cater to gluten-free, then they do.

Enjoy lots of shrimp.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    I was on a Holland America cruise last spring. (All the lines are very similar.) There is always a salad bar option. I found I rarely went to the dining room at all. I just ate off the buffet. Omelet for breakfast and a salad w/seafood on top for dinner and you are good to go.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    The thing with resturats such as these, is that they will get into HELLUVA trouble if they claim to be gluten-free, and still end up with a dying customer. If it is a serious company you can be assured that they value their reputation very highly in this regard.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Mrs. Koozie and I went on a Carnival cruise in 2005. She has Celiac and did just fine. There is sooooooo much food onboard a cruise ship. I ate 7 meals per day.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson