Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ladies!!! How many calories do you eat?... page 5

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Settling - could do with some weight loss but it's too difficult so just be happy with it. I misunderstood when you said you are fine with your weight.

Delphine is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nivia View Post
    And how many from fat, protein, and carbs?

I'm wanting to lose body fat, but the amount of fat I'm eating is freaking me out a little... I am eating mostly nuts, vegetables, and lean protein... The large amounts of fat come from the nuts, avocado, and eggs (and about 13g from a Kind Bar, which I'm eliminating after I finish the ones I have).

How many of you eat real butter?

I'm just curious about what other females following this lifestyle are eating and if you are seeing positive results. Anyone seeing loss of cellulite? Do you get bloodwork done and are the results good (low triglycerides, cholesterol, etc)?

I don't want to sound shallow.. I am also doing this for my health.. Cardiovascular disease runs rampant on both sides of my family at very young ages. Even my mom who eats virtually a fat free diet has had 2 heart attacks and she's only 58. My dad had a QUINTUPLE bypass in September.. scariest time ever! I'm trying this because "fat free" just doesn't work for me.. it makes me hungrier no matter how much or what I eat. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Yup, I eat real butter. I have a long history of anorexia (also a reasonably long time recovered) so I can totally empathise with the "WTF, this can't be right!" feeling, even when you KNOW that eating saturated fats is in fact good for you. Just start doing it - trusting the logic, eating saturated fats, and seeing how the world doesn't fall apart. I also use coconut oil for cooking. Upping fat definitely keeps you fuller longer.

I've been logging my food intake and so far today I'm on 50% fat, 23% protein and 27% carbs. I am also a new primal convert so will work towards increasing my protein intake and decreasing carb intake over time.

I was not actually looking to lose weight but have inadvertently also dropped calories and therefore lost about 3lbs in two weeks. I'm also breastfeeding (partial, as she's now a toddler) and exercising, so to maintain my weight I'd need at least 2000 calories on sedentary days.

I don't have bloods done specifically to monitor my diet but I have bloods periodically for other medical issues and they have always been healthy. I think I have read somewhere though that blood cholesterol does not necessarily equate to heart risk.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I need to average around 2600 cals a day to maintain. Currently averaging a bit less than that and losing fat v slowly.
    How much exercise do you do now that it's winter?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I honestly believe that everything you eat should be a fat delivery device. For example, tonight's dinner was salmon (a fish-oil delivery device) and roasted veggies (an olive oil and bacon delivery device.) A salad should be an olive oil delivery device and possibly also a fish oil delivery device and what the heck, toss some bacon on there and maybe some cheese. A steak is a grass-fed stearic acid delivery device full of CLA and Omega 3. A potato is a butter delivery device, as are steamed veggies. A good curry is a lauric acid delivery device.

If you look at any great culture's cuisine, it's all about fat delivery devices.

Cholesterol and health has been GREATLY misunderstood. I think That Paleo Guy has some of the best articles out there on what is really happening with cholesterol and bad industrial seed oils and your health.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I agree with Sb. I just made up a tasty treat; I put a little honey on some frozen raspberries and then I thought to make this better there needs to be some fat, I didn't want dairy so I melted some coconut oil and poured it on top, Yum!

I love fat of all kinds. I lost the weight I wanted to loose and my blood work looks great. I'm stronger now than I've ever been and I am 52.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Nivia! I'm 5'7.5", 124 lbs. Today I've eaten 1448 calories. 55% Fat, 23% Protein, 22% Carbs. Yes I eat butter and have heavy whipping cream in my coffee and eggs. I love it. I spent most of my adult life on very low fats while getting sicker and sicker. I've been on Primal 7 weeks now and many problems are gone. I've lost 14 lbs, but maybe the first 11 don't count because I was really sick. Then I threw out all my medications, and have been getting steadily better. Some days I feel like I'm dripping in fats and it feels great. I did spend about 3 days giving the butter (etc.) a serious look before I ate it. Yesterday I consumed 80& fats, that's only a little unusual.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 01-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Welcome Nivia! I'm 5'7.5", 124 lbs. Today I've eaten 1448 calories. 55% Fat, 23% Protein, 22% Carbs. Yes I eat butter and have heavy whipping cream in my coffee and eggs. I love it. I spent most of my adult life on very low fats while getting sicker and sicker. I've been on Primal 7 weeks now and many problems are gone. I've lost 14 lbs, but maybe the first 11 don't count because I was really sick. Then I threw out all my medications, and have been getting steadily better. Some days I feel like I'm dripping in fats and it feels great. I did spend about 3 days giving the butter (etc.) a serious look before I ate it.
    This is awesome!

MarieD is offline Junior Member
    I do eat butter.. And coconut oil, good quality lard, and some olive oil. I am losing weight at a nice clip - about 2 lbs / weekly and feeling great. I don't measure, but fairly certain I'm in ketosis most of the time as I can tell by the way I feel. I have eaten low carb for years, but until I tailored my diet I couldn't lose weight. Now I do limit calories to about 1500 and I limit protein to about 80 gr. Carbs are always low, at ketosis levels (20 - 50 gr), and make up the difference with fat. No starches at all, and only whole natural foods. Weight down 35 lbs since early August, very easy, no hunger. I'm 58 and have also had my hormones balanced, which has helped me tremendously. I exercise about 3x weekly, cardio and weights, nothing special, mostly just to feel good since I have a sedentary job. Years of acid reflux have been relieved, plus other health benefits, including excellent blood measures. I do track my foods, it helps me stay disciplined and keep the micro-nutrients at the right levels (my tendency is to overheat protein - I had to ratchet down my protein portion sizes to avoid hunger). I'm seeing some wonderful changes in my body shape. Haven't noticed much improvement in cellulite -- maybe that will come in time. I also work to stay hydrated.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I honestly believe that everything you eat should be a fat delivery device. For example, tonight's dinner was salmon (a fish-oil delivery device) and roasted veggies (an olive oil and bacon delivery device.) A salad should be an olive oil delivery device and possibly also a fish oil delivery device and what the heck, toss some bacon on there and maybe some cheese. A steak is a grass-fed stearic acid delivery device full of CLA and Omega 3. A potato is a butter delivery device, as are steamed veggies. A good curry is a lauric acid delivery device.

If you look at any great culture's cuisine, it's all about fat delivery devices.

Cholesterol and health has been GREATLY misunderstood. I think That Paleo Guy has some of the best articles out there on what is really happening with cholesterol and bad industrial seed oils and your health.
    I like the way you think.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I just recently switched to primal, so I don't have blood work numbers, or a whole lot of weight loss numbers, but I have been tracking my food pretty religiously until my "new normal" way of eating really sets in.

My averages over the last two weeks:
    ~100g of fat
    ~65g of carbs
    ~100g of protien
    ~1800 cal

I started two weeks ago at 250lbs, and as of this morning, I'm at 238lbs (I think its mostly water weight, but its still encouraging!)

I hope this helped a bit!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast