Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies!!! How many calories do you eat?... page 3

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    I am around 1700 a day, 50% fat, 35-40 % protein, the rest are carbs. I do eat butter, but sometimes I choose to make ghee out of my yummy pastured butter. I am 5'3 and 126 lbs.

My goal right now is to change my body comp, it would be nice to lose a couple more pounds but I will be happy if I can get more muscle instead that will replace some of my remaining body fat. I've lost almost 100 pounds at this point, but that was long before I switched to Primal.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    It's all quite individual. My intake's random, but I'm logging it at the moment (making a full log of a Paleo year!). Here's the log from last week...

7th Jan:
    Food:
    -1210kcal
    -62g fat
    -88g protein
    -62g carbs
    -total water approx 7 glasses
    Activity:
    -30 incline-press-ups
    -30 continual crunches
    -30 min yoga

:::::::

8th Jan
    Diet:
    -1637 kcal
    -98g fat
    -87g protein
    -99g carbs
    -total water approx 6 glasses
    Activity:
    -100 sun-salutations (drinking 200ml of tea every 20, one break halfway)
    -15 min playing with pullup bar

9th Jan
    Diet:
    -2241 kcal
    -179g fat
    -92g protein
    -65g carbs
    -total water approx 5 glasses
    Activity:
    -1hour and a half walking outside, including shopping time (approx 2.8miles total)

10th Jan
    Diet:
    -1728kcal
    -117g fat
    -86g protein
    -89g carbs
    -total water approx 5 glasses
    Activity:
    -1hour walking outside (no sun, light drizzle, no umbrella or coat)

11th Jan
    Diet:
    -2722kcal
    -199g fat
    -113g protein
    -129g carbs
    -total water approx 7 glasses
    Activity:
    -1x5 20/22kg dumbbell squats; 2x5 25/27kg dumbbell squats; 1x5 30kg dumbbell squats (second set at 30kg didn't count due to poor quality)
    -3x10 downunder pull-ups
    -25 situps

I started exam-cramming from here, so no activity, but plenty of mental work and VERY stressed!!!

12th Jan
    Diet:
    -2342kcal
    -148g fat
    -99.5g protein
    -162g carbs
    -total water approx 6 glasses

13th Jan
    Diet:
    -1977kcal
    -112g fat
    -107g protein
    -147g carbs
    -total water approx 4 glasses

My carb intake creeps up when studying or stressed, otherwise I'll have a few high-carb days when I fancy a vegetable binge, but nothing else.

Hope that gives you an idea!
    I'm at maintenance, but many find that their "weightloss" diet becomes their "maintenance" diet with minimal tweaks.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nivia View Post
    And how many from fat, protein, and carbs?
    I eat 1500-1700 calories per day running at about 45% fat, 30% protein, 25% carbohydrate.

How many of you eat real butter?
    I eat real butter every day. Probably. . . 2 tbsp worth.

Anyone seeing loss of cellulite?
    Dry brushing your skin increase circulation which decreases cellulite, as does just building muscle.

Do you get bloodwork done and are the results good (low triglycerides, cholesterol, etc)?
    Yes, everything is good. I have naturally low cholesterol, so this helps me keep it normal.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Are you supplementing as probably not getting enough nutrients with that low calorie amount and such a high fat intake.
    Also some people have to cut back on fats from animals for cholesterol.
    Supplementing with what? I have so much energy and feel amazing.
    What could I be missing?

And cholesterol and animal fat? Are you serious? I suggest you do some more research about this. Its not how this works, that is CW.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I need to average around 2600 cals a day to maintain. Currently averaging a bit less than that and losing fat v slowly.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Between 1200-1400 calories, but it depends on whether or not I'm having dry red wine that evening

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I eat lots of real butter! Most days I don't count calories, but when I do I usually fall into the 1500-1700 range. And every day isn't the same, some days I'm simply not hungry and probably barely break the 1200 mark. Other days I'm hungrier than usual and probably eat over 2000.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Supplementing with what? I have so much energy and feel amazing.
    What could I be missing?

And cholesterol and animal fat? Are you serious? I suggest you do some more research about this. Its not how this works, that is CW.
    Are you kidding - you diet must be missing other nutrients from carbs. If you were on a higher calorie amount wouldn't be as bad.

I suggest you do some research on the cholesterol and animal fat. I said SOME people don't do well with very high sat fat.
    Last edited by Sue; 01-15-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Are you kidding - you diet must be missing other nutrients from carbs. I suggest you do some research on the cholesterol and animal fat. I said SOME people don't do well with very high sat fat.
    I do eat some carbs, so how can I be missing anything? What % of carbs do you think people should be eating?
    Sure if I felt like crap, id know I was missing something. OK SOME people might not, fine, but I do, and I am not missing anything.
    But thanks for your concern.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't track anymore, so I would guess about 1500-1600. I don't pay attention to my cellulite and have not had bloodwork done. I do eat real butter though - sometimes I even like to make it myself from heavy whipping cream (just stirring it real good in a big bowl for 15 or so minutes). I've seen a lot on here about Kerrygold butter, but it's expensive, so I just get Challenge butter (unsalted).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast