Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies!!! How many calories do you eat?... page 2

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You don't have to focus on numbers - but I personally like them) So: I am 5ft 10, around 145 pounds, 16-18% bodyfat. I seem to have the best fat loss results if I eat my maintenance calories (just over 2000 kcal/day), keeping to around 60% fat, 30% protein and 10% carbs, while doing one carb refeed a week when I probably eat about 3000 kcals a day and about 40% of it comes from carbs. I lift heavy weights 4 times a week and walk a lot - weight lifting certainly is a big help when it comes to fatloss and reshaping your body. I have just started Crossfit too, so will see how it works.
    For more effective fatloss, I would limit the nuts for a while and try to get most of the fat from protein sources (meat/eggs) and good fats (butter, ghee, coconut, olive etc). For me nuts are a no-go area if I want to lose fat quicky. I love them so much though that it is very difficult to stay away. If you have enough determination and want a quicker fatloss, straight paleo would be best - just meat, fish, veggies and fat/oils. Clean diet reduces inflammation and rebalances hormones so that it is easier to lose fat. That said, it is too restrictive for me - I did it for a couple of months and lost about 5% of bodyfat (from 22% to 17%) but I like my treats too much
    Good luck!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Around 1500 a day. 30% fat, 30% protein, 40% carbs.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    I have been primal for about a month now. Have not weighed myself, but I think I have lost a little bit.

I really don't understand how ratios (70% fat, 20% protein etc) equate into the food on my plate. I just eat fatty meat with some vegetables, eggs, cheese, olives etc.

I think I will make a list of what I eat post it and get some advice.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yep, honestly I'm not concerned either. I eat what I want and let the macros fall where they may. I don't really feel any differently either way.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I've been pretty much primal (hadn't read the book until a few months ago though) since nov 2011. I did not count calories until a few days ago. I've lost about 35 lbs and want to lose 10-15 more (of course, I said that 5 lbs ago ha but I think that should stick this time). I have stalled at this point so I am now counting everything. Ugh. But I am eating 1,300 calories per day, around 100 grams fat, 65 grams protein and 35 carbs. Hopefully I can finally get lean! But as is, my stomach shape is quite flat, I've lost a lot of my weight from my belly. And yes, I never had a lot of cellulite, but what I had is probably 80-90% gone. By that I mean, if I squish my leg I can see a little, there is none visible just standing or sitting like normal.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Fat is not the enemy for everyone!

I eat 1200 calories, and 70 % fat, 10 % carbs, and 20 % protein. For me carbs are what stops me losing weight.
    And yep damn straight I eat real butter
    You have to work out which variation of this lifestyle that works for you.

Have you read much about this primal lifestyle? Fake fats and sugars are the problems for cholesterol, not fats from animals, full fat dairy etc.
    Are you supplementing as probably not getting enough nutrients with that low calorie amount and such a high fat intake.
    Also some people have to cut back on fats from animals for cholesterol.

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    For years I religiously counted calories. Gained/lost same 10 pounds over and over. Went primal and stopped counting, though I'd estimate that my range was in the 1,500-2,000 calorie per day ballpark during my weight loss phase (I'm preggers now).

I ate real butter, whole eggs, whole milk (don't like cream), lots of avocado, and other such things. I wasn't the type to eat the fat off my steak or leave my ground meat swimming in fat, but that's mostly because I didn't like the mouthfeel.

Don't be afraid of fat. Although I'm not sure overindulging in it on a regular basis is an especially good idea, overall I'd say a moderate amount of fat is good for you. There are people here who would say the more fat the better, so YMMV.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I don't count calories either. Portion size and being realistic about whether you are full works better in my opinion. Some days you are just going to be hungrier than others. After several months of observing my fluctuating appetite, I've come to have a lot more trust that if I'm hungry today it's not going to destroy me to eat because I'll just be less hungry tomorrow. Couldn't do that until grains and sugar were eliminated and real animal fats were eaten.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkinglo View Post
    I really don't understand how ratios (70% fat, 20% protein etc) equate into the food on my plate. I just eat fatty meat with some vegetables, eggs, cheese, olives etc.
    When people are talking in ratios like that, they are talking about calories as a percentage of total daily intake.

1 gram carb=4calories
    1 gram protein=4 calories
    1 gram fat=9 calories

So you start with a rough idea of how many calories to take in, then decide what ratios you want, then reverse engineer it back to grams on the plate.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    I've been Primal for about 3 and a half years. Lost ~40lbs, and have kept it off. I have no idea how many calories I eat, nor what my macronutrient ratios are. I don't shy away from starches, and definitely eat plenty of fat. Yes, I eat butter.

43, 5'5" and ~125-130.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast