Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Hey from Kentucky

Lightbulb Hey from Kentucky

Shop Now
    I'm James. I'm 37. Hate that number by the way. 36 was cool. 40 will be fine. 37 and 38? I just dont like em.

I weigh in at about 345lbs, 5'9''. I was doing the vegetarian thing, been working out great, lots of beautiful veggies, lots of color, and for that meat craving - beans and rice.

I've read the ebooks. I'm reading the 21day book. I've done outside research beyond this site. It sounds like Atkins but it ties in anthropology and puts a focus on high quality proteins & veggies, and throws out all toxin-laden stuff like sweeteners, veggie oils, etc that are allowed on atkins.

I lost over 60lbs on atkins once. But now i see the light. I see now why i still have stomach problems even after doing vegetarian. Beans and Rice. Who knew? Hell I didn't even know corn was not a vegetable! And coffee beans and cocao beans are not even beans!

At any rate, I'm on board. Glad to be here. I do have some misgivings, but I'll search out the board to see where best to put them or if they've already been answered I'll read them.

Cincinnati, OH
    Welcome to the board from a fellow Kentucian.

Shop Now
    Former Kentuckian here! Welcome!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!