Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you lost the weight? page 5

Gibtron is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Too many times!!! And I'm sure it's the same ole bit of weight that keeps hanging around!! From 18 I lost 30lbs, then probably fluctuated 10-14lbs over next few years,always battled with stupid calorie restricted diets, or last year did dukan and looked half dead! Met my lowest ever weight but just couldn't maintain it-I wasn't meant to be that weight.
    In my job I'm surrounded by people who unfortunately like to tell me I've put weight on aNd need to lose it...these are also the same people who when I've lost weight also tell me I don't look good! Weird hey? Go figure!
    I tend to go up and down between the same 6lbs which is so disheartening!!
    If I relax a little(am currently on holiday) can be guaranteed it'll pile on
    So suppose its something need to accept just wish it didn't happen!
    Will be right back on track when home..just hope there won't be too much to shift!!
    Does anyone else find you have these constant fluctuations?and are you just fairly chilled about it or doesn't get you down?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    A lot of champion dieters around here. I hoped that this topic might help that aspiring doctor in that other thread understand why his silly suggestions are met with such stony silence and dirty looks.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I never understood how people became overweight... didn't you see the stomach get larger under your nose? or feel the stomach rolls touching each other?

I am not trying to be offensive. I don't understand since I've never been overweight but then again.. I've never had the money to buy too much food growing up.
    This contains at least five layers of ignorance. I was fat because I grew up poor. I'm not bothering with the rest, because it would take a five-paragraph essay to even convince you to start thinking and you're not worth the effort.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I grew up extremely poor and didn't become fat as a result. I became fat as I continued to layer on more stress on myself. I naturally grew into a size 6 and screwed up my own health in college to become a bigger person.

cobalamin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    This contains at least five layers of ignorance. I was fat because I grew up poor. I'm not bothering with the rest, because it would take a five-paragraph essay to even convince you to start thinking and you're not worth the effort.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Did any of you ever stop and.... bold part above.

The poor comment was about not having enough money to purchase enough calories. You weren't poor enough. I grew up in a family where there wasn't enough food.. so everyone always ate my food. I wen't to bed with a tight back from the lack of carbohydrates.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Turns out this cobalamin guy is a vegan troll. Club away, quelsen.
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The poor comment was about not having enough money to purchase enough calories. You weren't poor enough. I grew up in a family where there wasn't enough food.. so everyone always ate my food. I wen't to bed with a tight back from the lack of carbohydrates.
    I boycott them now, but I'd advise you to visit your local Wal-Mart. Sounds like YOU weren't poor enough if you were lucky to eat anything BUT cheap carbs. I was raised on Macaroni and Cheese and Kool-aid, spaghetti and canned corn from the food bank. I was (almost, except the ritalin years) always overweight, and I spent my whole life hungry. I only stopped eating at any given moment because I didn't have any money! In my teens, I would beg for a few dollars, buy some Jack-in-the-box tacos, eat them, and go outside to do it again. I ate all the icing in my mom's cupboard, whole blocks of velveeta, anything I could put into my body to keep my blood sugar elevated for more than a few minutes. By my 20's I was eating entire large pizzas from dominoes on a regular basis (the free pizza phone scam, works like a charm!), boxes of cereal from the dollar store, boxes of ho-ho's and all the other horrid pseudo-foods like soda, fake oreos, gummi worms... You have no idea, man. Knowing what I know now, a lack of carbohydrates would have been quite the gift.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I boycott them now, but I'd advise you to visit your local Wal-Mart. Sounds like YOU weren't poor enough if you were lucky to eat anything BUT cheap carbs. I was raised on Macaroni and Cheese and Kool-aid, spaghetti and canned corn from the food bank. I was (almost, except the ritalin years) always overweight, and I spent my whole life hungry. I only stopped eating at any given moment because I didn't have any money! In my teens, I would beg for a few dollars, buy some Jack-in-the-box tacos, eat them, and go outside to do it again. I ate all the icing in my mom's cupboard, whole blocks of velveeta, anything I could put into my body to keep my blood sugar elevated for more than a few minutes. By my 20's I was eating entire large pizzas from dominoes on a regular basis (the free pizza phone scam, works like a charm!), boxes of cereal from the dollar store, boxes of ho-ho's and all the other horrid pseudo-foods like soda, fake oreos, gummi worms... You have no idea, man. Knowing what I know now, a lack of carbohydrates would have been quite the gift.
    Awww, sorry to hear about your past experience. I guess I was lucky in that my parents knew the difference between nutritionally unsatisfying cheap junk food from calorically unsatisfying cheap rice and vegetables. I'd get excited when my wealthier friend shared ring pops with me every few months LOL

cobalamin is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had dairy yesterday and salmon the day before.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast