Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you lost the weight? page 4

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    3 times, all between the ages of 18 and 20, being 21 now. The first time I dropped 17 pounds by severe calorie restriction, but one night when I couldn't take the hunger any more I gave in and binged for days and gained every ounce back. I did the same thing less than a year later, losing and regaining 20 pounds. Finally I realized what I was doing to myself and did it the healthy way with the help of the primal blueprint. I'm maintaining a healthy weight now, but I confess to wanting to lose a little more body fat in order to be a bit leaner.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I had forgotten about the Ephedra pills. I was actually able to lose quite a bit and maintain 115 lbs. with those, while ephedra was available at drugstores in the early 2000's.
    Not the healthiest way to lose and maintain weight, but at least it kept me from bingeing on junk for a while, until epherda got banned.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    There have been times in my life when the weight gain was so rapid I could see the difference in the mirror from one day to the next but I still could not stop it. Today I read this whole website of some guy who purposefully tried to gain about 20lbs in a month. Oh my god, the amount of food he ate was quite incredible and yet he struggled to put on the weight. I could put on 30lbs in a week eating like he did. Of course, none of it would be muscle.
    Same here. I was an active kid/teen, playing softball, hiking, mountain biking, marching band, etc. Not a super athlete, but most certainly not just sitting on my butt watching TV all day either. It was always frustrating having friends who ate junk food, drank nothing but soda, etc. and never gained a pound, yet if I looked at food I seemed to gain weight. I do wonder if I am more genetically predisposed to gain weight on a SAD diet though--there is native American ancestry on my dad's side.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I had forgotten about the Ephedra pills. I was actually able to lose quite a bit and maintain 115 lbs. with those, while ephedra was available at drugstores in the early 2000's.
    Not the healthiest way to lose and maintain weight, but at least it kept me from bingeing on junk for a while, until epherda got banned.
    They certainly worked, I'll give them that. It was thanks to those pills that I was able to "live" on a breakfast of lowfat yogurt and a cereal bar, and then just a Slim-Fast shake for lunch and dinner with one 100 calorie snack bar in between (it was easier that way because I worked night shift), and not feel like I was starving or falling over from fatigue. I did have a bit of an insomnia problem though...

fresa is offline Member
    I've only lost it once, on PB. And I never plan on having to lose it ever again!!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I lost weight with low carb eating, probably did it a couple of times in the past few years (maybe 5), but regained when I went back to "normal" eating.

The only other success I had was with breastfeeding, three times it was effective in getting rid of pregancy weight gain plus a good deal more. By the third time I even looked forward to it for that reason.

This is the only lifestyle I've discovered that not only works for weight loss but also for maintenance and for health gains.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Once with the PB. I've added more than 10 lbs. back from my lowest weight point but it's lean muscle mass so I'm not complaining.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalamin View Post
    I never understood how people became overweight... didn't you see the stomach get larger under your nose? or feel the stomach rolls touching each other?

I am not trying to be offensive. I don't understand since I've never been overweight but then again.. I've never had the money to buy too much food growing up.
    huge assumptions within your comments.

the easiest to read is this : your body weight is wholly and act of will and totally controllable by the individual

second assumption embedded within your belief system (BS) : all method of caloric intake are the same and provide the same results

it is always good to look at hidden assumptions since our BS is based on them.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

cobalamin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    huge assumptions within your comments.

1. the easiest to read is this : your body weight is wholly and act of will and totally controllable by the individual

2. second assumption embedded within your belief system (BS) : all method of caloric intake are the same and provide the same results

3. it is always good to look at hidden assumptions since our BS is based on them.
    Someone is making assumptions that I made assumptions... You didn't understand me and are trying to understand me by making stuff up. My comment was full of questions, not statements.

My first line basically asked... do people become obese because they lack self-awareness.

1. I never made that statement.

2. I never made that statement.

3. Your hidden assumptions about what I said. I don't make assumptions. My number 1 rule.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    About 4 times... every time by physical activity alone, until Paleo/Primal.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast