Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is chocolate really good for you? page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    Can you access that article? It says I need to purchase it.
    I cant access the whole article but they blog about it at the bottom of this post and give some more info:

Chocolate: What is the Optimal Dose? | Perfect Health Diet

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm with the neck on this one.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I cant access the whole article but they blog about it at the bottom of this post and give some more info:

Chocolate: What is the Optimal Dose? | Perfect Health Diet
    Ah, quite interesting haha

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    A little over two years ago, I was eating anywhere from half a bar to an entire bar of 85% dark chocolate a day, and I felt AWFUL. No energy, poor sleep, poor skin, very irritable, etc.

I've long since got my consumption of cacao in check, so I've been able to more accurately measure the effects of reasonable quantities, and in many cases, it's still no good. A very small amount of very dark chocolate (85%+, <10g) every other day works best for me. "Lighter" chocolate (less than 70%) doesn't seem to bother me much, but I don't really like overly sweet chocolate.

There are significant differences between raw cacao and non-raw cacao -- I would opt for non-raw cacao in every case. Raw cacao is simply not a good food choice for me. I recently visited a friend's health store in NY and bought one of the high end raw cacao bars. I didn't eat much of it, but within an hour, I felt dizzy, nauseous, and fatigued.
    I completely agree. Once i ate a whole 100g bar of 85% and about half an hour later i felt incredibly sick. I felt very nauseous and hallucinogenic for the rest of the day, like i was high, it was awful. But it's definitely a dosage issue, too much chocolate makes me feel bad, but the right amount I find makes me feel really good.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I eat two squares of 90% Lindt most days. It makes me feel good, keeps any sweet cravings at bay and stops me bingeing on sweet stuff. Very occasionally I'll eat four squares but find that by the end of it I've stopped enjoying it. You guys who can eat an entire bar are hardcore!

These days I'm not keen on anything much less than 85% as it tastes too sweet and fatty, but my 90% Lindt is what makes life living. If it's not good for me, then tough - I'm not going to stop.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    I eat two squares of 90% Lindt most days. It makes me feel good, keeps any sweet cravings at bay and stops me bingeing on sweet stuff. Very occasionally I'll eat four squares but find that by the end of it I've stopped enjoying it. You guys who can eat an entire bar are hardcore!

These days I'm not keen on anything much less than 85% as it tastes too sweet and fatty, but my 90% Lindt is what makes life living. If it's not good for me, then tough - I'm not going to stop.
    I do the same. I can't find any evidence it's doing me harm at all.

phly6058 is offline Junior Member
    chocolate is very good for health. Chocolate and wine are strong aphrodisiacs.
    Prison BreaK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12