Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy on the stomach? page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

Easy on the stomach?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In relation to my 'illness' post, I've found my stomach is still not feeling all that happy with me. I don't want meat, other than chicken, I don't want leafy greens, I certainly don't want any oil or coco oil...

my stomach is SO UPSET!

What do you eat when you're trying to 'go easy' on your stomach?

-写

jicamamama is offline Junior Member
    I usually try to flush my body out with lots of water and soothing teas.

Bern is offline Member
    Have you been eating lots of fruit and veg? onion? garlic? one very common cause of upset stomach is fructose malabsorbtion. I have it and was soo glad when I got diagnosed that I could finally figure out what causes my irritable bowel symptoms and I can completely avoid them when I avoid food high in fructose/fructins/FODMAPS.

Have a look at these resources and see if they match your symptoms.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption
    http://www.foodintol.com/sugar.asp

And just to prove this isn't some fad, theoretical concept, here's a good research paper on the topic too.
    http://sacfs.asn.au/download/SueShepherd_sarticle.pdf

Maybe you could try and give your body a break from foods high in fructose/fructans and see if it makes a difference for you.

Good luck,

Bern

Thanks for the suggestions and link, guys. Jicamamama-- cute name!
    And I'm not sure... I had HALF a SMALL apple today. I mean, come on. I love my fruit... this would be absurd! And as for the waters and tea, yes-- i can't get enough (i can barely stay hydrated) but after this aftershock day of being sick (while i didn't really eat on my initial sick day, two days ago), I really really need some kind of solids, and nutrients!

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Mashed potatoes with chicken stock. I know potatoes aren't incredibly primal friendly, but they go down and stay down pretty easy. I always have thick gelatanized chicken stock around (i make my own) so I mix that in with the potatoes. If I'm feeling up to it I add some shredded chicken.

meatman is offline Junior Member
    Soups and stews

looks like the only potatoes I have left have... sprouted. :P
    I was feeling like a sweet potato would feel good on my stomach. These are some kind of white potatoes. Er, leafy green potatoes now...

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    make some thick butternut squash soup (or get someone to go out and get you ingredients)
    soups are about the only thing i can handle when im sick, and make sure to drink some electrolytes. i like using the "emergen-c" ones, because they have no added sugar and u can add the powder to water.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A.M. Roots is offline Member
    use your crok pot to make a long slow cooked stew. Use tenderloin tips and cook overnight for 12+ hours. Any veg you add will be so cooked down it will be easy to digest, carrot, kale, onion. And use soothing herbs for the tummy; rosemary and thyme (as I have posted a bunch are my favorite).

The broth alone could be drank to at least get you some fats and nutrients. I make broth from a chicken roast carcass that has been boiled down and use that with perhaps some water. It will be smooth and rich that 10 oz. of just broth would feel nice.

Feel better, and good luck!

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    If your stomach/digestive system is upset, the best thing you can do is let it rest. If you've ever watched animals who are distressed, they refuse to eat. Sometimes for many days. Water and herbal teas are soothing. Drink Kombucha to re-populate the helpful bacteria. Allow your intestinal tract to rest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast