Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you eaten today? page 57

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday my girlfriend cooked up some spaghetti bolognaise on gluten-free pasta. It was actually damn good, and this is coming from a guy who hated pasta even pre-coeliac diagnosis.

She had leftover that today for lunch, while I had another bowl of GF noodles (Slim-pasta... note reccommended, flavourless, bleh) with a can of tuna, diced gherkins, tomato and basil.
    Dinner was a pound of pork medallion steaks and a KG of sweet potatoes covered in butter and cinnamon, followed by a wildberry sorbet and a chocolate bar, as well a rice crackers with frozen bananas on top.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Spaghetti recipe?

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    Spaghetti recipe?
    She made it, so I'm just basing off what I remember.

500g mince.
    150g bacon
    1 medium/large onion
    Canned tomatoes x1
    Tomato paste
    Crushed garlic. x 1 tbsp
    Salt (to taste)
    Chilli powder (to taste)
    Brown sugar (to taste - apparently removes "acidity" of tomatoes or something)
    Cup of red wine

Fry bacon and onions in pan til caramlise, then brown the mince. Then pretty much add the rest of the ingredients - canned tomatoes, then the paste, all the other stuff depending on the quanitity desired, etc. Add the wine near the end an leave to simmer.
    Serve over gluten-free spaghetti or whatever you like. Could perhaps go well on potato wedges. Would go delightfully with parmesan on top.

Vague instructions, to be sure, but it was her cooking and she insisted she do it. All I got to do was cut the bacon and stir the meat a bit, as well as complain a little about the sugar, which was barely noticeable.

It delicious, regardless.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Onions, peppers, chilis, chorizo and eggs, scrambled up in coconut oil
    And a bit of brie while cooking it up.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Sweet 2-egg omelette with cacao butter, almond meal and coconut flakes, fried in butter

Can of tuna
    Homemade cookie (shredded coconut, cacao, milk, butter, primal shake powder)

2 quinoa and almond crusted chicken wings, fried in macadamia oil
    One purpley white sweet potato with butter (this was the best Thing. Ever.)

Another sweet omelette for dessert: one egg sweetened with stevia, 50g apple, sultanas, almond meal and butter.

3 coffees

And a few too many "tastes" of a kangaroo mince curry sauce I'm cooking in bulk to freeze.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I had a half dozen large eggs, a 5 oz. top sirloin, some spinach and a slice of cantaloupe.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Picked up a freshly slain Red Snapper at the Garak fish market in Seoul today, along with local grown vegis. Experimented with cooking one of these suckers up in my cast-iron skillet, in some grass-fed French butter!

photo.jpg

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I had 3 eggs in butter and 1 cup mixed frozen veggies steamed, venison sausage stew (with golden and purple kumara) with broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil. I had two cups of orange juice, several cups of tea, and 25 grams extra dark chocolate plus 6 or 8 macademia nuts.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    A made a beef stew, but it came out more like a soup. Oh well, was still yummy.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Back into school today. I didn't get enough sleep last night so reallllyyyy tired right now. My snack at work today was a Mayan choc nut bar (homemade) with coconut cream. It was so yummy but quite rich, even though I only took a little bit. Lunch was left over stew. I put in a tin of tomatoes, tomato paste and 4cups of beef stock. The stock had sugar and wheat flour in it so I've broken my W30 again, but I was dying for stew and I've never made my own stock before. Dinner was chicken legs and veg. I've already made my chicken salad for tmrw with left over chicken legs. Should be yummy. Now I'm just sleeeeeeepy!

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast