Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you eaten today? page 43

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Three eggs fried in coconut oil and tumeric, three cups boiled rice, 150gs shrimp, seven tablespoons powdered gelatine, half a tin of coconut milk, three bananas, two coffees with low fat milk, one tea with low fat milk and two sugars, 1 litre coconut water.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Chicken, peppers, and onions with my own homemade (sugar free) fajita seasoning
    with avocado, dollop of sour cream, and cheddar on top. YUM!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jill.fitnessforlife View Post
    So, my dilemna is that I eat breakfast within the first hour of waking and then eat every 3-4 hours until bed time a balance of complete protein, carbs and fat. My problem arises with the fact that I really do not enjoy cooking and eating has always been something I have to do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy eating food that others make but not so much otherwise. Because of this I find it difficult to stay on track because I get annoyed and bored with cooking. This can also mean that my carbs aren't always the highest of quality. I end up eating whatever is quick (too often a quick protein bar) because I don't want to make something even if I took the time on Sunday to prepare some things in advance. I know, I need to suck it up because it is important to my health but day in and day out I get in my own way. Anyone have any suggestions? I am open to someone telling me to get over it and just "do it!"
    Your body does not check to see if each meal and snack was meticulously balanced.

You sound like you are ready for a big change. Consider the warrior diet or some other sort of intermittent fasting. It's liberating to eat fewer meals. If you do intermittent feasting, you would have tea in the morning, low carb at lunch, and low fat for supper. It balances out in the end.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    breakfast - dandelion root tea
    lunch - huge spinach omelet with cheese (a real indulgence, I never have cheese anymore)
    dinner - 2 cartons of yogurt - I think I was craving dairy today.......

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I drink it because I love the flavor It makes the most wonderful iced tea, too. What I'm drinking right now is roasted dandelion root tea. It has a really satisfying smoky/sweet flavor. I actually haven't noticed it help with bloating (because I don't have any) but it seems to make my skin look really smooth and fresh. It was recommended here by knifegill and I researched it a bit and decided to try it....love it! It's a nice change from plain water.

8 reasons to drink dandelion tea

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    What have I eaten today?

Too much!!

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    I ate pig tongue last week in case anyone cares.

It was pretty good, sort of texture you would expect from a tongue I guess.

christinekennedy is offline Junior Member
    I had not eaten any thing still now only taken 1 full glass of delicious almond milk shake. After this drink i don't feel hungry for 6 hours.

muffinz is offline Member
    Well I'm just starting this past week or so (just got the book in the mail), and I'm coming off some grains...so I did LESS oatmeal than usual (only 1/4 cup, working my way down) w/ prune and pineapple...a little natural peanut butter...and a big ol' nitrate-free sausage! Whoo, yum. Oh, and coffee w/ full fat creamer (but has added sugar...I bought it before reading more about PB).

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What to eat when you're in a hurry and forgot to prep anything the night before:

Breakfast: 1 piece of cheese, 3 hard boiled eggs
    Lunch: 3 more hard boiled eggs
    Dinner: ... likely to be an omelette. And BACON.

\o/

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast